IT Service Delivery Manager - Booming Entertainment Business
Opportunity for an IT Service Delivery Manager / Service Desk Manager to establish and manage an IT Service Desk function for a vibrant, booming entertainment company, transforming how IT services are delivered to the business.
Exciting mid-sized company in an exciting industry. Rapidly growing and investing in best-in-class technology and operations, including fully automated (robotics) warehousing (WMS).
This is a new hire, following organisational restructuring and investment. Leading a small team of 3 IT support analysts and closely managing several 3rd party suppliers, you will take responsible for establishing and upholding ITIL aligned IT service excellence; supporting the IT needs of the business across standard end-user computing, back-office and operational functions (ERP and WMS).
An opportunity to shape and own a small, best-in-class IT service function. Responsibilities will include (but not limited to);
- Setting IT Service policies and practices
- Selecting and implementing SDM/ticketing tooling
- Mentoring, coaching and leading a small IT support team
- Closely managing 3rd party service providers; escalating problems etc
- Driving a culture of self-service, including creating, managing and promoting knowledge-base articles (including implementing solution)
- Managing incidents
- Supporting projects where required; major projects in pipeline include new warehouse/distribution centre build (with fully automated warehousing systems etc).
A strong customer service attitude is essential to this position. You will be "the face of IT" - working with end-users up to the most senior levels and managing effective 3rd party relationships. This position will suit a motivated IT service professional who enjoys building relationships, working with others, service improvement and shares the businesses passion for entertainment.Required skills and experience
Location; Alton (plenty of free parking) Package; £35,000 - £40,000 salary + benefits including 24 days holiday, life assurance, good pension, staff discounts
- A strong understanding of IT Service best-practices; ideally ITIL trained/certified.
- Experience of supporting general IT hardware and software in a business environment, including; general understanding of common Windows based IT systems including Office 365 and Active Directory. General infrastructure and network support and troubleshooting; i.e. network routers. Experience of supporting, maintaining and fixing PC's, laptops, Printers etc
- Confidence in managing and mentoring; interested in training and upskilling others
- Confidence in using service management/ service desk systems such as Zendesk.
- Ability to create and manage knowledgebase articles.
- Experience of SAP ERP would be highly beneficial, but not essential, as is exposure to Warehouse Management Systems.
- ... and more (full Job Description available)
Amazing new offices. Vibrant culture of passionate people. Booming business, made busier from Covid. This is a genuinely unique local position - a great career opportunity, in an exciting industry.