Heard of us?
We're a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.Now is your chance...
The Modelling and Data Analytics team acts as the centre of excellence for all financial modelling and analytics within Aldermore's large Finance division. The team develops, implements, and validates various models that help determine the structure of the balance sheet. The team also maintains core Finance systems (QRM, Anaplan) and Finance's data strategy. It works as gateway to IT and Transformation to drive and support future improvements across the group.
Analytics and data science are core to the Bank's strategy, and this team, are at the core of designing and implementing these for stakeholders up to board level, as well as championing the culture of "staying curious" and utilising the latest technology. It is an enjoyable and exciting, ever-changing area to work in, and at the core of Finance and the wider Bank's business
The role of Financial Modeller - Anaplan is really important to us. It is a varied, interesting and exciting role which will suit a quantitatively-minded financial professional, with strong attention-to-detail and a pro-active, can-do attitude. You will be the Anaplan development SME for Aldermore, and once up to speed, will be responsible for adding new functionality to the Aldermore Anaplan system and implementing changes and fixes as they arise
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our London office. In the meantime you will be based remotely. You'll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, Head of Modelling and Analytics, and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.What would your day look like?
What do we expect of you?
- Being the bank's Anaplan SME - the go to person for any Anaplan queries on feasibility, best practice and module design
- Contributing to or owning all aspects of Anaplan development - requirements gathering, design and build, UAT, project management, governance (in particular the Model Management Framework) and documentation
- Training and assisting finance business partners and other advanced users on Anaplan - how to get the best from the system, as well as explaining the inner workings where necessary
- Building strong working relationships with all Anaplan stakeholders, from daily users to senior management
- Contributing to model validation, development and design within the wider team
- Being an important member of the modelling and analytics team - occasionally working on other projects which utilize your skills and interests outside Anaplan
What can you expect of us?
- A high level of expertise with Anaplan, including all model building techniques and approaches
- Substantial experience as an Anaplan developer, having participated in all stages of Anaplan development, from initial design of an implementation, through the project lifecycle and system build, up to BaU maintenance of the end system
- Experience within Financial Services in a similar role, preferably at a retail bank/building society, whether as a consultant, contractor or in-house
- Anaplan official certification, preferably Master Anaplanner level highly beneficial but not essential
- Good understanding of financial planning, in particular the components of a bank's balance sheet
- Highly numerate with a good grounding in STEM subjects
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.Still Curious?
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, "backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams", we thrive upon saying "yes" to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you're pregnant or on family leave.#backingyoutobringyourbestAldermore Group is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore Group will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.