Senior role within a highly skilled engineering team
Experience/Skill you will need:
- New role for an experienced manufacturing engineer to help drive improvements
- Working on state of the art medical/scientific equipment
- Lead role with responsibility across engineering, supply chain and quality
- Six sigma, Kanban, materials flow and pull systems
- Continuous improvement in an electro/mechanical assembly environment
- Confidence working with manufacturing, supply chain, quality and suppliers day to day
- Have experience with optical products/processes or an eagerness to learn and train in this area- full and bespoke training will be provided
- Problem solving and improvement focussed approach
You will take responsibility for the manufacturability of current and new products, while ensuring quality and cost targets can be met. Working closely with R+D teams to solve technical problems throughout the process. The Manufacturing Engineering team consist of 12 engineers and work closely with Optical, Scientific and other Engineering team's day to day. There will be flexibility to work 2/3 days a week at home, for spec reviews and improvement plan prep etc, but there will always be some site based requirement.What you will get in return for your talents:
You'll be entitled to 23 days holiday (increasing to 25 with service), flexi-time (core hours 10-12 and 2-3 Monday to Friday, 37.5 hour working week) with the opportunity for remote working with a trip to the office 1-2 times a week. As well as this you'll get a discretionary annual bonus, healthcare cash plan, life assurance 4x salary, group personal pension scheme up to 6% contribution, company subsidized membership of local health clubs. You will be eligible to participate in the company profit share scheme, cycle to work scheme, share incentive plan, free car parking and employee development. They're an Investors in People Gold accredited business which shows their commitment to personal progression and upskilling. What's next?
If you'd like to apply or find out more, just give Thomas a call.