A primary school in Runcorn require a TA to provide 1:1 support for a child with high degree of special needs. Your new company
Hays Education are proudly working with a local primary school based in Runcorn. This mainstream primary school are seeking to appoint a 1:1 specialist teaching assistant to support a pupil with Down Syndrome on a long-term basis.Your new role
In your new role you be responsible for supervision of a child with considerable needs with a diagnosis of Down Syndrome. You will lease with the parent, head teacher and class teacher on a regular basis. You will be the child's first point of contact when arriving at school meaning you will will greet the child and taking over from their parents. You will ensure that the child's, social, emotional and physical requirements are met and assist hem with learning and play. You will encourage integration with other pupils where appropriate and assist / support their personal hygiene needs.What you'll need to succeed
I order to be considered for this role you will:
What you'll get in return
- Essential that you have good behaviour management and experience of working with children with more challenging behavioural traits that can be referenced
- Have a Level 2 or higher qualification or alternatively extensive SEN experience supporting children
- Be a dedicated Teaching Assistant with a key passion for supporting children with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Have good time keeping and preparation skills
- You will need to be able to provide full identification copies and reference details from the relevant experience you have previously gained in this or a similar setting.
- Previous experience in social care is adventitious but not essential
If you are successful in your application you will get a competitive daily rate of pay as well as accruing holiday pay. You will get access to online Safeguarding training as well as the full support of a dedicated and experienced recruiter. We also have a referral scheme.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
As stated we also have a referral scheme. If you refer a friend or colleague for this role and they are placed for a minimum of 4 weeks we will reward you with £250 in retail shopping vouchers.