Due to expansion, OPRA are currently working with an organisation based in Exeter who are looking to recruit a Finance Manager on a 6 months FTC. This role will be split between remote and office based working.
Our client are a training provider who works in partnership with councils and government across the country providing opportunities and support to people from all walks of life, empowering individuals to shape their own futures.
The role responsibilities
- To establish and maintain good working relationships with managers, external partners and other key stakeholders. Supporting them to meet the requirements of the contract.
- To provide inspirational leadership to the Finance team, through the coaching and development of individual members
- Ensure month end timetable is followed by finance team, to enable the completion of month end accounts, within required timeframe.
- Responsible for all communication, advice and information provided by the Finance team to ensure that it is accurate and effectively delivered.
- To chair monthly Financial meetings with the subcontractors and Delivery Partner Managers, to review and analyse the Subcontractor Open Book Returns. Providing clear and concise constructive challenge, as appropriate.
- Establish good working relationships with the Contracts and Compliance team, to ensure compliant subcontractor delivery.
- To immediately report to the Senior Finance Manager, any potential or confirmed risks identified during delivery of the contract.
- Supporting the Senior Finance Manager and Senior Finance Business Partner, to meet the requirements of the contract.
- Provide advice, support and training on all the relevant financial elements of the contract.
- Support the Finance team with the claim auditing process, to minimise the risk of disallowable costs. Provide robust challenge to subcontractors when required, on costs that do comply with guidance.
The ideal candidate will
- AAT qualification or be qualified by experience,
- Have strong management accounting skills
- Be fully IT literate in using a range of Microsoft Office programmes to include 365 products and modern digital technologies, i.e. Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Competitive Salary
- Optional Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care scheme
- Access to wide range of local and national discounts.