We currently have a Planned Work Technician
position available for a motivated individual to join our team in Barnstaple, Devon.
Joining us on a full-time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £23,345 per annum
plus excellent benefits.South West Water
is part of the Pennon Group, a very successful and stable business that prides itself on sustainability. We provide reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for a population of c. 1.7 million in Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset.
We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today's residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Responsibility for the environment is central to this. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers.Our core values which are essential to our success are:
- Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
- Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
- Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
- Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We're one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition. In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits which include free car parking at the majority of our sites, company Sharesave Scheme, and various health benefits.About the role of Planned Work Technician:
Based within an operational area, the post holder will be embedded with the CS&N team to provide specialised support around all planned field activities. Working alongside the Flooding and Pollution Technicians, the Planned Work Technician will act on feedback from both proactive and reactive field activity to create and report on a planned work schedule, including targeting any flooding hotspot areas. Responsibilities as our Planned Work Technician:
- Managing all planned work for the Operational area, including routine jetting, planned cleansing, CSO, Air Valve and NRV inspections and maintenance and routine inspections of network assets
- Tracking, managing and raising/removing Maintenance Schedule Tasks, adjusting their frequency and/or work instructions based on feedback from contractors and operational teams carrying out the work
- Reporting regularly on adherence to schedules and highlight to Asset Manager and Operational team where MST's have been missed
- Managing any further work associated with planned activities, tracking it through to resolution
- Managing the hotspot identification programme which identifies geographical areas where issues are apparent within the sewerage network from lead indicator data
- Working with the asset manager and Ops team to agree hotspots for investigation, carrying out a desktop review of hotspots to understand the performance history and interventions to create a prioritised list for CCTV investigation
- Day to day liaison and management of the CCTV contractors, raising WO, receiving and acting on feedback and managing payments
- Taking appropriate action in relation to feedback from CCTV investigations whether that is planned cleansing, routine jetting, urgent reactive work or planned reactive work
- Identifying asset data quality issues and inform the Asset Manager to ensure these are resolved and where required propose improvement actions for better asset performance
- Supporting the Flooding and Pollution Technicians with their investigations, providing cover for them in their absence What we are looking for in our Planned Work Technician:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent, including English and Mathematics at grade C or above
- Experience using computer systems which will include both MS Office and Corporate applications
- Map/Plan reading skills to be able to interpret complex information in schematic form and construct recommendations
- Understanding and knowledge of Quality Management System requirements
- Ability to analyse data to provide evidence for business decisionsClosing date:
13th May 2021
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply
now to be considered as our Planned Work Technician -
we look forward to receiving your application.