Do you have a passion for English? As a teacher, do you have the want to captivate your pupils? Are you looking for a School that provides a supportive and caring environment?
A Newcastle based secondary school is looking to recruit a qualified English Teacher to enrich the learning and development of their students. The school is looking for an English Teacher who can create engaging and innovative lesson plans, demonstrate effective teaching practices, and strong behaviour management skills.
- Planning and delivery of engaging lessons
- Working in partnership with TA's and other members of the department to contribute to the success of the pupils.
- Assessment of pupils
- Report writing
- Direction of teaching assistants/learning support
- Attendance at parents evening and other meeting as required
- Classroom/Behaviour management in line with school policies and procedures
An Ideal Candidate:
- Teaching qualification (PGCE,QTS or QTLS)
- Teach up to and including A level. (The ability to deliver sixth form media studies would be an advantage.)
- Accreditation in teaching English - Media Studies Beneficial
- Be an excellent and inspirational class teacher, who demonstrates outstanding classroom practice and who has children at the heart of all they do
- Have high expectations of pupils' achievement and behaviour
- Show commitment to high quality and effective assessment in order to ensure all pupils achieve to their full potential
- Have good organisational and classroom management skills
- Have the drive and determination to make a difference
- Be enthusiastic, flexible, creative and ambitious
- Work as part of a committed, supportive and hardworking team
The position would be Day to Day with the potential to lead to a long-term Position and will include planning and assessment, under the guidance of the Head of Department. The successful English Teacher may also be required to provide individual plans for Learning Support Assistants to follow when working on a 1:1 basis with SEND students.About Bay Recruitment
Bay Recruitment Group?supports candidates and employers in the Education and Healthcare sectors. We arrange temporary and permanent work placements at all levels, successfully aligning our clients specification with exciting talent. Bay prides itself on putting the community at the heart of all we do. Our local consultants are on hand to offer a tailored service unique to your requirements. At Bay we offer an honest and friendly service that will give you peace of mind in a busy market. We are a family run business and family values underpin our vision at Bay. Development so that your career progression is continuous. Bay puts the welfare of our staff at the centre of all we do. What we offer
As a valued employee of Bay Recruitment, you will receive:
With the ongoing Covid19 situation our organisation follows National Guidelines to provide a Covid19 safe environment for all clients and employees.
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
- £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support