Senior Test Engineer - London - Croydon - UK Home Office- Permanent - Excellent benefits Senior Test Engineer
Do you have a passion and drive for Testing? Are you an accomplished Test Engineer with a strong understanding of test architecture who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment? This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high-performing and supportive team working with cutting-edge technologies.Job Responsibilities
As a Senior Test Engineer, you'll be critical to delivering quality assurance across your product team. You will set the direction for Quality Assurance and Testing (QAT) and develop and implement QAT approaches.
Working within a product team, you will have an opportunity to promote quality outcomes and value. You will continue to develop your own analytical, delivery management and leadership skills with a focus on helping the organisation to deliver high quality outcomes at pace whilst honing stakeholder engagement and continuous improvement skills.
You will provide Test Engineers within your product team with coaching and guidance to support them through the delivery process. You will also work with business stakeholders, understanding their needs and translating them into a QAT approach.We will see that a successful Senior Test Engineer holds skills and strong experience in:
- working at project, sprint and team level, with effective communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- implementing project level test approaches for integration testing, Continuous Integration and Continuous Release within an Agile environment
- delivering test engineering capabilities which support the implementation of QA, Testing and Software Development strategies
- implementing a range of tools and test automation techniques including Open Source technologies and object-orientated design
- implementing appropriate test automation environments
- object-orientated programming, such as Java, to develop re-usable libraries, executing tests using JUnit or BDD
Candidates that hold the following qualifications are desirable:
What's on offer
- BCS Agile Foundation Level
- ISQi Certified Agile Tester
- Computer science related degree
As an employer of choice, the Home Office offers an extensive benefits package including:
- Salary - £41,950 - £46,144 *Candidates that provide an exceptional demonstration of the necessary skills and experience may be subject to receiving a Recruitment & Retention Allowance of up to £5200
- Outstanding pension scheme
- Flexible working to support a healthy work life balance
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 after 10 year's service in the Home Office) plus 8 bank holidays and 1 additional day for the Queen's Birthday
Please note, this application would be an expression of interest, a formal application will need to be submitted via civil service jobs. Further instructions will be provided once Hays have reviewed your suitability for the role.
Hays Specialist Recruitment has been appointed as the recruitment partner for the Home Office.