About The Pets At Home Group
At Pets at Home we have an ambitious plan, to become "The Best Pet Care Business in the world" and a key part of delivering this in sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are our foundations which will help us to deliver our better world pledge to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
The Pets at Home Group includes over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. It's fast-paced, innovative, fun and we put people at the very heart of everything we do. We are committed to developing a culture of inclusivity where everyone is able to come to work and be themselves, a culture which welcomes everyone irrespective of what makes us all unique.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Business Analyst to join the growing Pets at Home Business Analysis community. The Business Analysts are responsible for adding value throughout the lifecycle of a project from concept through to implementation and support, as well as assisting the business with process analysis and smaller tactical change.
The Business Analysis team is part of the wider Change function and has a key role in contributing to the delivery of robust business change and the realisation of measurable business benefits.
The position is based in Handforth and there will be opportunities to visit our key sites in the UK.
Key Responsibilities (will Include, But Not Limited To)
- Understanding the Company's strategic vision and ensuring proposed solutions are aligned with the Vision, Mission, Objectives and Strategy of Pets at Home Group
- Working across a range of projects and initiatives varying in complexity and context
- Modelling and defining current and future business processes
- Investigating business challenges, problems and opportunities considering all perspectives
- Working with Business Stakeholders to elicit and analyse business requirements
- Working collaboratively with Colleagues across the Pets at Home Group, Stakeholders and Suppliers to achieve common goals
- Producing well documented, high quality and prioritised requirements for successful delivery
- Translating business requirements into acceptance criteria
- Offering opinions and solutions to technical problems and working through options with your project team and Stakeholders as required
- Promoting and ensuring the use of appropriate techniques, methodologies and tools
- Supporting the procurement of IT services / solutions, including the preparation of requirements documentation and involvement in vendor assessments
- Supporting the development of robust business cases - helping to identify and analyse potential benefits, options for achieving those benefits and associated business risks
- Contributing to project proposals, definition and planning
- Proactive participation in the Business Analysis community - helping to develop best practice, standards, sharing knowledge and championing the Business Analysis role across the Pets at Home Group
- Coaching, developing, and mentoring other Business Analysts.
About Your Experience
- "Can-do" attitude and flexible approach to the role and team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to quickly assimilate business knowledge
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
- Good listening and interpersonal skills, able to deal productively with conflicting views and ambiguity
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills and the ability to facilitate meetings and explain complex business problems to a wide audience
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall software development lifecycles
- Extensive experience of business analysis within a software development environment
- Experience in a wide variety of requirements gathering techniques
- Experience of understanding and documenting complex business processes and requirements
- Proven experience of interacting with all levels of stakeholder
- Proven experience of articulating risks and issues and impacts to influence decision making
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects of varying size simultaneously
- Experience of working on large complex projects with responsibility for co-ordinating multiple requirements work streams and BA resource
- Experience of coaching team members, developing and growing others.
- Experience of working with project sponsors to help them identify benefits and create robust Business Cases
- BCS Business Analysis Diploma or CCBA
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
About Our Purpose
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK's leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we've been building a business around pets and their owners and we've set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that's focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We're driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92996439