*Niantic *is the world's leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction. At Niantic, we have a long history of viewing the world differently.
We are the world's leading augmented reality company with an initial focus on augmented reality games. We see a future where our technology paves the way for new entertainment experiences, advanced robotics, and scaled adaptive computing - and games are where we incubate some of our most audacious thinking.
*About the role:*
Niantic's AR Team is seeking an ambitious Augmented Reality Software Engineer to push the frontiers of Computer Vision and Machine Learning. In this role you'll be part of a collaborative, motivating, and engaging team, to help algorithms evolve from concept to production.
We are all passionate about discovery, so we're looking for engineers who want to learn and deploy inventions that could help make better "adventures on foot, with others." Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies, while crafting engaging apps for millions of users.
* Collaborate cross functionally with complementary teams of engineers and designers, to build advanced software for in-field use that will deliver outstanding AR experiences.
* Work on optimizing C++ code for low compute and low memory environments for production computer vision, machine learning, and AR algorithms.
* Design systems that enhance the Niantic AR Development Kit and products directly, or through internal R&D tools, to emphasize computer vision and machine learning algorithms.
* Innovate by finding problems, implementing elegant solutions, and building first-of-its-kind technology.
* Write high performance code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently to meet agreed timelines.
* Work with machine learning and computer vision researchers to train, tune, evaluate and profile neural networks for running on device.
* BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or a related technical field.
* Advanced knowledge of C++.
* Experience in deployment of deep learning models in production.
* Confidence in concurrent computing concepts.
* Consistent record of working collaboratively in a multi-functional team.
*Bonus Points: *
* You have experience working with on-device ML frameworks like TensorFlow Lite or CoreML.
* You have experience training models with PyTorch or TensorFlow.
* You have experience developing applications for iOS or Android platforms.
* You have experience with ARCore or ARKit.
* You have experience scaling machine learning or 3D geometry systems.
* You have experience with SLAM.
* Recruiter call
* 1st stage technical interview with a member of AR team (C++)
* 2nd virtual onsite stage involving meeting a few more of our AR/R&D team!
* The final informal 30 minutes with Head of R&D
C++, Machine Learning, Deep LearningMachine Learning, Deep Learning, C++