Our mission is to make programming so intuitive that automating tasks becomes as natural as teaching a colleague. Machine learning and AI represent a new paradigm and it requires a new approach. We're starting with tools that makes it easy to rapidly annotate data, train and deploy natural language processing (NLP) models with humans in the loop.
Every company could benefit from software that better understands language but building NLP systems today requires specialist expertise and unreasonable amounts of human annotated data. We're building the future in which AI gives people the ability to achieve things that today can only be done by a tiny group of specialists.
We believe that the reason we'll succeed is because we're committed to learning and growing as quickly as possible. We know there's lots we don't know. What we're doing is fundamentally new and will require overcoming many hurdles. If you believe in our mission, are seeking a challenge and are excited about constantly learning, you'll fit right in.
*About the role:*
We're reimagining how humans and AI work together. Going from where we are to where we need to be will involve solving many interesting research problems as well as productionising the state-of-the-art in ML. As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will play a key role in solving these research problems and helping to write high quality ML software. You will be part of a great team pushing the boundaries of NLP and interactive Machine Learning.
* You will generate and pitch ideas to improve our production systems and/or research ideas that could result in publications at ML or NLP conferences.
* You will work with others in the team to continuously incorporate new research into our product and help to deploy it to our cloud infrastructure.
* You will own and push forward your projects during the whole research cycle, writing code, running experiments, evaluating results and drawing conclusions.
* You will work with the engineering team to optimise our deployments
* you will take part in our team-wide reading groups and present your work to the team and on our blog.
*About you:*We believe that talented people come from all sorts of backgrounds so we don't look for specific qualifications. We do need you to be able to demonstrate that you have a good understanding of ML and NLP fundamentals and that:
* You have experience developing machine learning models using PyTorch, TensorFlow or a similar auto-diff framework (ideally in a commercial environment)
* You can read a research paper or mathematical description of an algorithm/model and translate that paper into high quality code
* You enjoy contributing to research projects or open source
* You've worked on research that has (or could have) led to publications at academic conferences
* You're excited about NLP, AI and our mission.
* You're passionate about learning. You care deeply about broadening your horizons and developing yourself
* Meaningful and interesting work
* Competitive salary and share options
* Flexibility and control over how and where you work
* The excitement and freedom of an early stage VC-backed startup
* A £1000 book/conference allowance to invest in your learning
* Regular company retreats to exciting locations
* Telephone call
* Tech Quiz + Code Screen
* Take Home Test
* (half) Interview Day
PyTorch, Machine Learning, NLPPyTorch, Machine Learning, NLP, Deep Learning