We believe in a personalised tomorrow. We build technology to help individuals and small businesses get access to the things they need, on their terms.Jigsaw was founded in 2016 by a group of people who believe that individuals and small businesses should be able to use their data to access the things they need, on their terms.Starting out as just five people working out of an empty kitchen, we quickly moved on to bigger and better things, growing from a team of five to 60+ in just four years. After multiple office changes to make space for our growing team, we moved into our current home in Old Street in 2019.
We know we can't solve the world's problems, but we also know that our technology can help people to better understand and manage their finances, have a positive impact on their wellbeing, and provide the clarity that's needed more than ever in uncertain times.
Ultimately, we started Jigsaw XYZ to empower and support the individual, whether that's helping someone who's struggling to set budgets and savings goals, to someone who just wants to put a bit more away each month. The individual, whatever their circumstances, is at the forefront of everything we do.
Through data aggregation and orchestration, connectivity to financial and non-financial marketplaces, and the ability to dynamically tailor products based on customer need and market demand, our technology helps companies to better understand and respond to their customers' needs.
Our core products are designed around our belief in empowering individuals and small businesses. Designing our products around this belief, our goal is to help people live better and healthier financial lives by giving them the tools to understand and manage their finances, to express their needs through their data, and connect to marketplaces of personalised goods and services.
*About the role:*
You will form part of our newly created data team, supporting both internal projects and external client delivery. At first, you will mostly be focused on client delivery across several partner banks, however there is also internal product development work happening that you could get involved with if you want.
*Our tech stack:*
Most of our data pipes are still being worked on, so you will help to define the tech stack. We are currently using Snowflake as our data warehouse, hosted on AWS. Most of our data work is carried out in SQL and Python, with a bit of PySpark.
* Partner with our clients, from data owners and users to C-level executives, to understand their needs and build impactful analytics solutions
* Design and build machine learning solutions for use across our products and for clients
* Use state of the art technologies to acquire, ingest and transform big datasets
* Map data fields to hypothesis, curate, wrangle and prepare data to be used in advanced analytics models
* Contribute to cross-functional problem-solving sessions with your team and deliver presentations to colleagues and clients
* Be flexible to travel to our clients' offices to deliver presentations, gather information or share knowledge
* Have the opportunity to contribute to R&D and internal asset development projects
You are a highly collaborative individual and enjoy solving problems that focus on adding business value. You have a sense of ownership and enjoy hands-on technical work.
*Skills & Experience:*
Ideally, you will have the following qualifications and experience:
* Degree educated in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
* Previous commercial experience in a data-driven role
* Ability to write clean, maintainable, and robust code in Python
* Ability to write SQL queries
* Familiarity with the main cloud computing providers. We use AWS but knowledge of GCP/Azure would be advantageous
* Confirmed experience of building and productionising machine learning solutions
* Experience preparing data for analytics and following a data science workflow
* Commercial client-facing or senior stakeholder management experience
* 30 days holiday
* Gym membership
* Health insurance
* Annual company offsite
* Share options
* Company pension
* Maternity/ paternity leave (includes an extra four weeks of paid leave)
* Bike to work scheme
* Career progression framework
* Catered weekly office breakfast and lunches
* Fruit, snacks and beverages in the pantry
* Training budget
* Chat with Recruiter
* 1st round technical
* 2nd round culture fit
Python, SQL, AWSPython, SQL, AWS, Snowflake, Pyspark