tomato pay is a simple, QR-code based payments and invoice app used by businesses and sole traders who want to receive payments in a fairer, cheaper and more ethical way. Businesses and sole traders can benefit from our low-cost QR-code payments solution with no hidden fees, which saves them money compared to their current payment systems, gives them instant access to their money as cash settlement happens almost immediately, and access to all of their bank accounts in one place.
Invoices can be created within the app, with the option to give discounts and late penalties (pre-built into the app using gamification and behavioural science) and send nudges to remind customers and clients to pay. Plus, as you connect your bank account, payments are embedded within the app - so no need to give your bank details, and receive money owed instantly into your account. Everyone can support their local communities thrive by paying their neighbourhood businesses in a cashless, hassle-free way.
The tomato pay app is powered by our open banking powered API platform which is reinventing how Small-Medium-Enterprises (SMEs) execute payments and access financial services. We help businesses and their SME clients streamline their business operations through the use of our payments products and API platform, thereby facilitating frictionless access to financial services.
tomato pay has featured in [Forbes](https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevorclawson/2018/01/14/seeding-a-revolution-10-prize-winning-uk-fintechs-set-out-their-ideas-for-open-banking-services/), [Wired](https://www.wired.co.uk/article/open-banking-nesta-open-up-challenge-finalists), [Sifted](https://sifted.eu/articles/fintech-talent-war/), [City AM](https://www.cityam.com/meet-the-23-fintech-startups-on-tech-nations-latest-growth-programme/) amongst others. We have spoken at industry-leading events such as [TNW](https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6532618468594978816), [Innovate Financeâ€™s Global Summit](https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6528966374369427456) and [LendIt](https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6583370071677247488), as well as hosted our own events in (https://twitter.com/nicholasheller/status/1006838986839658496), (https://www.linkedin.com/posts/activity-6595353103523028992-5f7n) and (https://twitter.com/Fractal_Labs/status/1232708337814458368). Furthermore, tomato pay [was a recipient](https://blog.askfractal.com/fractal-untied-wins-pool-e-bcr) of a £2.5m grant from the BCR Capability and Innovation Pool E fund, to be used to further develop and improve our products for the benefit of SMEs.
At tomato pay we truly enjoy working with each other and we're all passionate about making our mission a reality. Should you decide to join us, you will be working alongside courageous and compassionate people in a trusting environment with an emphasis on professionalism, tolerance and constructive problem solving. Together we are building a prominent company within the fintech industry - you can find us in the press, and leading the conversation at global events.
*About the role:*
We are looking for a Machine Learning (ML) Engineer to help build and improve our financial products using artificial intelligence. You will be working closely with the Product and Engineering teams to define models requirements and take the lead on operational and technical projects. The ideal candidate will be able to undertake several core responsibilities, including creating machine learning models, algorithms and retraining systems.
To do this job successfully, you will need strong Python skills and a background in mathematical modelling and statistical analysis. Furthermore, you will need to have a deep understanding of how to write and test clean code and deploy it to production. Your ultimate goal will be to shape and build efficient self-learning applications.
In this role, you will need to be self-motivated, consistent, disciplined and able to deliver to deadlines with little supervision. You should have excellent organisational, communication and problem-solving skills.
You will be working with a set of cross-functional teams including Product Owners, UX Designers, Data Engineers, Developers, QA and DevOps Engineers where you will:
* Build and expand ML/NLP algorithms, analytic systems, and other predictive models.
* Collaborate with a team of software engineers, data engineers and product.
* Develop machine learning applications according to requirements.
* Design and develop machine learning and deep-learning systems.
* Train and retrain systems when necessary, while ensuring data quality and integrity.
* Research and experiment with new models to align data projects with company goals.
* Perform statistical analysis, model validation and fine-tuning using test results.
* Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods.
* Implement and expand appropriate ML algorithms, ML libraries and frameworks.
* At least 6 years of experience with Python (Java would be a bonus).
* Proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role.
* Solid understanding of algorithms, machine learning and neural networks.
* Hands-on DevOps experience with AWS infrastructure and ETLs.
* Understanding of data structures, data modelling and software architecture.
* Knowledge of data management, data pipelines and visualisation techniques.
* Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithmics.
* Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn).
* Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a scrum team.
* Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or Statistics (Master's degree is a plus).
* 25 days a year holiday plus bank holidays
* Employee share options
* Flexible working: core working hours 11:00 - 15:00
* Pension scheme
* Showers and secure cycle parking
* WeWork member offers and discounts
* Employee nights out and team building days
* Free barista made coffees, beers, cider, prosecco and social evenings
* Meet Head of Engineering
* Meet the Founder & wider team
*Machine Learning, NLPNLP, Python