Senior Account Manager - London and flexible home working
My client is a strategically-led boutique B2B agency in London and they are looking for a Senior Account Manager to join their growing team.
The Senior Account Manager is responsible for growing and nurturing the accounts they're responsible for, ensuring that all clients' needs are met, between brief, to delivery of creative work. The Senior Account Manager is constantly solving problems, working with all key agency functions (research and planning, senior management, account handling, studio), and external suppliers, to maintain a consistently high quality of work, strengthening client relationships, and achieving desired project results.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the client relationship through effective communication and problem solving, working alongside senior management to maintain the client-agency relationship
- Working with planners to interrogate client briefs, by challenging and asking questions, to develop communications briefs that meet business needs in an effective and accountable way
- Writing inspirational creative briefs in association with the planner and going on to direct the development of creative work, presenting and selling this effectively to clients
- Responsible for building client development plans for each account under their control, and working with the Strategic Client Director and other senior managers to enact the plans
- Ensuring that project deadlines and budgets are met
- Managing the financials of each project and account, ensuring profitability and timely invoicing and billing
- Reporting key financial and team data to the agency's senior leadership team
- Identifying ways to grow client accounts through new business opportunities, helping shape clients' strategic growth
- Maintaining a detailed awareness of relevant market trends affecting their accounts, and developments in the wider advertising and communications industry
- Managing the work and performance of team members e.g. AMs, AEs, Grad Trainees (where relevant)
- Maintaining accurate records of meetings, decisions and next actions
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years in an agency environment with a proven track record of working in a successful account team.
- Experience in project management and financial management software packages.
My client is committed to developing the careers of their staff and offer fantastic internal and external training and development. They will be expecting the new SAM to move up to Account Director as soon as they are ready to do so