You will provide effective operational management and professional leadership to a discrete team of Health Improvement staff within the overall Health Improvement Section and with responsibility for an extensive portfolio of health improvement and health inequalities work. This post will also take the lead on Mental Health & Addictions portfolio within the team.
You will provide specialist public health/health improvement expertise at an advanced level managing resources (staff/budget) to effect change. You will also ensure integration between strategies and programmes across local and national arenas within the HSCP and across partners and communities.
- You must be qualified to degree standard.
- You should have a postgraduate qualification that demonstrates an understanding of health improvement/ health promotion/ public health, or actively working towards Masters level within a related field.
- Substantial health improvement/public health experience.
- Strategic planning and partnership working.
- Previous experience of staff management is desirable
The shift pattern is worked Monday to Friday.
Informal ContactEmma Cummings, Service Manager on
07387236599 or email
Details on how to contact the Recruitment Service can be found within the Candidate Information Pack NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde encourages applications from all sections of the community. We promote a culture of inclusion across the organisation and are proud of the diverse workforce we have. EU Settlement Scheme
EU, EEA or Swiss nationals are strongly encouraged to join the EU Settlement Scheme prior to 30th June 2021. As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to produce proof of your EU Settlement status from 1st July 2021 to demonstrate your Right to Work in the United Kingdom.
Existing employees may be asked to provide evidence of their EU Settlement Status from 1st July 2021.
Further information: https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families.