NHS Lothian is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
To this end, NHS Lothian welcomes applications from all sections of society.
***PLEASE NOTE: We cannot accept late applications so please ensure your application is submitted early***
To provide an effective administrative and clerical service in relation to waiting list management to ensure the smooth running of this service including:
- scheduling of planned theatre lists
- prompt and accurate input of patient details to appropriate waiting lists and booking of patients to appropriate dental specialities for all Oral Health Service patients.
- confirming bookings to reduce DNA rate and maximise theatre and clinic utilisation.
- liasing with clinical teams on appointment availability for patients.
- maintaining pre-admission clinics with clinical teams - highlighting potential problems.
- compiling and distributing waiting list reports and alerts
**Please note: we anticipate a high level of interest in this position and may close the vacancy early once a sufficient amount of applications are received. Therefore, please make sure you complete and submit your application at an early stage**
This post requires the post holder to have a PVG Scheme membership/ record. If the post holder is not a current PVG member for the required regulatory group (i.e. child and/or adult) then an application will need to be made to Disclosure Scotland and deemed satisfactory before they can begin in post.
For further information on what is included in the role and what skills/experience are being looked for, click on the links at the bottom of the screen to the job description and person specification. If after reading this information you have any questions please contact Lesley Broadfoot on 0131 536 4967 or at firstname.lastname@example.org