- Candidate with experience from the banking sector
- Financial modelling experience (must be able to build models themselves - Essential)
- Stress testing experience with credit risk and capital adequacy knowledge and experience around the preparation of ICAAP, ILAAP & RRP financials - Essential
- Excellent stakeholder management, relationship building and finance business partnering skills
- Understanding of IFRS 9 with understanding of IFRS 9 modelling components. This individual will be engaging in report writing on IFRS 9 (and new IFRS standards in the future). Note: This would be a nice to have/bonus and is not essential
This role will work within the Finance team and be responsible for all aspects of IFRS 9 modelling and the associated policies, procedures and disclosures. Its primary responsibility is to liaise with Risk, external consultants and auditors to ensure that the Bank complies with all relevant legislation and consequently the accuracy of financial reports. The jobholder will also be responsible for the preparation of the ICAAP and ILAAP stress testing reports, co-ordination of the Bank's RRP and acting as data quality lead within the team. Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Ownership of the IFRS 9 Operating Model and Governance process. This includes all aspects of the IFRS 9 methodology to include model inputs, staging, policies, procedures, data quality, financial statement disclosures and all associated analysis.
- Promote a culture of control awareness and best practice across the IFRS 9 impairment process.
- Working with the Risk team to produce ICAAP and ILAAP stress and scenario testing modelling.
- Co-ordinate the production of the Bank's RRP.
- Analyse report data across Finance to effectively identify data quality issues and liaise with Risk and Operations to implement appropriate remediation plans.
- Assist in preparation/review of management report.
- Review upcoming financial reporting legislation as required.
- Ability to be hands-on in the building of financial models
- Detailed credit risk and capital adequacy knowledge
- Detailed knowledge of IFRS and CRD IV legislation
- Strong first-hand experience of financial modelling
- Report writing in a professional environment
- Preparation of ICAAP, ILAAP & RRP financials