A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. POSITION PURPOSE
The Director, Financial and Regulatory Reporting - EMEA will directly manage a team that is responsible for all aspects of EMEA legal entity reporting, including the statutory financial statements, regulatory financial filings, internal reporting (to management and to the boards), and related US and local GAAP accounting. This role is a subject matter expert in the regulatory and statutory accounting requirements relevant to their legal entities and has broad range of experience in general accounting and financial reporting process activities. They should understand the business and related accounting flows of the entities for which her/his team is responsible, fostering a control environment and providing quality, insightful reporting to the stakeholders.
The role partners with senior leadership across the relevant functions, including Legal & Compliance, FP&A, and the business to ensure they understand the regulatory and financial impacts business strategy, products and new proposed accounting/regulatory policy and processes have on those EMEA-based legal entities. Provides statutory and regulatory guidance to stakeholders and support, as requested, for special projects and continuous improvement work efforts. Assists lead attorney/s and Legal Compliance and serves as SME to lead finance discussions with regulatory bodies during regulatory examinations.
Reviews and/or approves journal entries and/or reconciliations completed by less experienced team members for accuracy and legibility and advises on improvements.
Leverages the Financial Systems team in development and execution and assesses team resource skills & competencies to ensure capabilities exist to provided value added services to business stakeholders. Oversees the development of reporting standards and best practices including but not limited to report simplification and automation. The incumbent will have the ability to identify and translate customer's needs into action for resource pools.
After a period of onboarding, this role will assume the position of Senior Manager under SMCR. Principal Responsibilities
- Accountable for identifying and reporting risks, financial trends, or recurring issues related to the EMEA legal entities partnering with all necessary parties and technical teams to reach a resolution. Recognizes and independently addresses significant risks or communicates these to senior management, as appropriate. Provides leadership and technical guidance on risk identification to other analysts.
- Review monthly legal entity variance review ensuring that it provides meaningful analysis of different aspects of the legal entity financials. Uses excellent communication skills to convey highly complex financial data, business process, and systems information to stakeholders. Maintains relationships with senior management, the internal Board of Directors, business units, and regulators to ensure their questions are answered and needs are met.
- Partners with firm wide Product associates, FBP's or FP&A teams to understand new product offerings and impacts to legal entity profitability or balance sheet models. Validates and/or challenges analyses submitted by financial reporting team, financial planning and analysis teams which are used in legal entity and/or regulatory reporting. Collaborates with Corporate Tax team to understand application of ongoing tax compliance and tax strategy impact on the balance sheet and profitability of EMEA subsidiaries. Works with the Technical accounting team where to necessary to ensure compliance with relevant US GAAP, or other GAAP guidance.
- Serves as a legally registered responsible financial officer for region and serves as SME for regulatory change management initiatives and examinations. Activities include designing and leading the implementation of new or revised reporting, accounting, and accounting process policies, procedures, and reports, which provide effective financial planning, accounting, and reporting of financial information, and authorizing the recording of accounting entries to financial systems. Applies a depth of knowledge from the completion of multiple assignments across lines of business, legal entities, and geographies to manage the interaction of legal entity, regulatory, and cross-country requirements.
- Participates in cross functional firm wide management teams which explore or purpose licensing, structure or business rule changes. Provides input and insight through the working teams for associated key deliverables while keeping Senior Management informed.
- Oversees the management of EMEA based KPMG global audits and coaches EMEA financial reporting team in managing independent audits. Works with Corporate Controller on topical matters and issues as they arise.
- Manage a team of financial reporting SMEs aligned to the EMEA legal entities, including developing and motivating the and ensuring they have the required skills and competencies to effectively execute the responsibilities of the team along with multi-GAAP knowledge.
Works closely with Controller's Group management to build and maintain an effective matrix organization balancing process with customer responsiveness with an eye on associate development.
- Provides guidance on the implementation of financial system modifications to comply with revised reporting, accounting, and accounting process policies, procedures, and more substantial regulatory changes.
- Leadership Skills/Expectations:
: Communicates the vision with a sense of purpose to advocate for change that is in the best interest of T. Rowe Price and its clients Develop Talent
: Identifies and closes existing talent gaps while creating future talent pipelines. Drive Results and Accountability
: Uses a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement to simultaneously address clients' needs and achieve business objectives. Sets aggressive goals and works with people to establish explicit performance standards. Think & Act Strategically
: Sees the big picture, constantly imagines what is possible, and creates strategies that show a clear connection between vision and action. Understands the position of the organization in a global context and knows the impact of global trends. Communicates Effectively
: Negotiates skillfully in tough situations Create Value for Clients
: Uses client insights, knowledge of trends in the marketplace, and understanding of T. Rowe Price business strategy to drive continuous improvement and guide the development of new offerings or organizational developments. Lead People
: Taps into associate's sense of meaning and identity to inspire commitment. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration or related field
- Chartered Accountant, CPA, or other related certification required
- Experienced Leader managing a team of finance or accounting professionals.
- Strong understanding of regulatory and control framework and environment affecting the firm's business activities, including general corporate compliance and regulatory issues
- Strong analytical skills and functional skills in financial analysis, financial planning, and management reporting
- Ability to have foresight into financial solvency identifying strategic business risk, regulatory requirements and compliance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization with a focus on senior level
- Ability to draw own conclusions, articulate positions, communicate key messages, make recommendations, and strong hands-on problem solving skills.
- Project management experience with a business focus
- Strong execution abilities with proven track record of delivering results
- Strong ability to present self as subject matter expert during TRP Board meetings and during regulator examinations
- Strong people management skills while helping develop future leaders for the organization
- Flexibility in handling multiple priorities in a fast, changing environment
- Experience with regulatory requirements of UK-based financial services firms (e.g. FCA/Prudential rules)
- Experience with multiple core accounting or financial functions/services and familiar with financial systems such as Oracle and PBCS
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.