Senior Product Owner - Remote UK/Ireland
Matillion is data transformation for cloud data warehouses. In addition to award-winning, highly rated products, we are proud to have highly rated employee reviews on Glassdoor.
Matillion is dual-headquartered in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado and we are expanding teams globally across all functions.
As a company, our core values drive our processes. We have a bias for action, we innovate and demand quality, we work with integrity, we are confident without arrogance, customer obsessed and care about our people and our communities. We are looking for people to join Matillion who share our integrity, drive and passion.
We are now looking for a Senior Product Owner with knowledge of SaaS applications to join #TeamGreen. This role can be based remotely across UK or Ireland.
The Senior Product Owner works as part of the Product Management team to take ownership of new features and manage the end to end development process. This will involve working closely with the Product, Design, Engineering & Test teams.
What you will be doing:Product Discovery
- Capable of producing a testable hypothesis to solve a real world problem.
- Skilled at taking real world customer problems and leading a collaborative ideation process to brainstorm solutions.
- Excels at producing prototype solutions using tools such as Invision, Figma or similar.
- Able to evaluate and discuss design choices with the UX team.
- Able to gain actionable insights and feedback from customers in addition to validating any potential solutions.
- Able to follow a process/framework to make evidence based prioritization decisions that align to the product roadmap and strategic objectives.
- Review & triage bugs raised and prioritise them according to severity and importance. Is also able to advise others based on deep product knowledge and/or experience.
- Excellent use of Story Mapping in order to break down a large initiative into minimum viable changes.
- Excellent at breaking a epic level items into appropriately sized user stories, with the correct level of detail and acceptance criteria required.
- Has expert knowledge of the responsibilities of the Product Owner role in a SCRUM methodology and is able to coach others.
- Able to lead and drive shared understanding in backlog refinement, 3 amigos and sprint planning ceremonies.
- Able to discuss & evaluate technical architecture recommendations from engineering.
- Excellent at delivering product demonstrations with from a real world perspective, communicating the value added.
- Able to produce blogs and videos highlighting new functionality.
- Able to educate and advise the Product Marketing & Documentation team on new features and release notes.
- Able to critically evaluate one's performance and identify areas where they can improve.
- Motivated and able to improve through continuous learning.
What we are looking for - Product Experience
- Working knowledge of product management frameworks.
- Demonstrable success in a product role
What we are looking for - Domain Knowledge
- Has knowledge of subscription based applications.
- Technical understanding of SaaS applications and services.
- Has a high level knowledge of the core cloud services for storage, compute and networking.
- Experience of working with usage based consumption models - desirable but not essential
What we are looking for - Personal capabilities
- Communicating Effectively
- Collaborative Working
- Problem Solving
- Forward Thinking
- Achieving Results
- Technical Aptitude
Find out more about Matillion and our core company values.
Our Benefits- A truly flexible working culture- Company Equity- 25 days holiday that increases to 30 after 12 months service + bank holidays- 5 days paid volunteering leave- Health insurance- Life Insurance- Pension- Career development with monthly hackdays and access to a Udemy account& much more!
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
Matillion is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our team. Matillion prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, Matillion does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92863195