Provides the first line of support and problem resolution for technology products or applications. Customer Service Centre Analyst - Manchester
We're based in Manchester and provide business to business support for more than 200 companies that are working with the Data Communications Company (DCC) in rolling out 53 million smart meters to 30 million UK homes and small businesses. It's an exciting time to become involved with great personal development prospects as the project gathers pace.
We're looking for exceptional Service Centre Analysts to join us in a Customer Support and Service Centre capacity, providing advice, guidance and incident management to everyone involved in the Smart Metering Implementation Programme.
You'll be involved in a project that has already rolled out the largest secure wireless network in Europe and will aim to individually connect almost every home on the UK mainland. We'll enable gas and electricity meter readings to be automated for everyone, we'll support switching energy providers in a vastly reduced time compared to now and we'll enable people using pre-payment meters to access a much wider range of tariffs than ever before. We'll also lay the groundwork to reduce total UK carbon emissions by 3% overall.
We work an 8 hour, 3-shift pattern between 8am and 8pm, Monday to Friday and also work a weekend once every 5 weeks with weekdays off to compensate. We have a night shift working from 8pm to 8am, four days on, four days off. We're not a call centre, so you should be prepared to be or become multi-skilled and want to work across all forms of media including the phone. The work environment is enjoyable, friendly and supportive and full training will be given if you are successful in your application.What you will do:
Critical experience will include:
- As the first point of contact for our customers, you will be handling incidents and requests via email, telephone and our Service Management toolset
- Your role is to ensure that all interactions with our customers are logged accurately within our toolset and that our processes are adhered to, in order to provide the best experience possible for our customers
- You will manage a workload of incidents and requests raised by both our customers and 3rd party Service Providers and will own these until resolution, ensuring that Service Level Agreements (SLA's) are met for our client
- Triage and problem solving, using appropriate support tools and knowledge articles, will be part of your day to day duties to ensure a swift resolution to incidents raised by our customers. Where resolution is not possible, assignment to 3rd party resolvers/escalation will be undertaken
- Communication is critical within this role and you will proactively manage customers' expectations by keeping them regularly updated on the progress of their outstanding incidents / requests
About Capita Enterprise Services:
- Any previous experience of working in a customer focused environment, be that Service Desk, Call Centre, Contact Centre, Helpdesk or Retail and Leisure industries.
- A basic level of Microsoft Word and Excel experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work under pressure and effectively as part of a team
- Attention to detail to ensure that our customers receive the best service possible
Capita Enterprise Services is part of our IT and Network business and is a customer-focused, trusted IT services provider that brings together the right people, processes and technology to transform an organisation's IT services. From individual IT services to a total IT outsource or even our value-added reseller service; we get to know your challenges and design the right solution for you. Interested? Join our talented team here and you'll have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of customers covering both public and private sectors.What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holidays (rising to 25 days after 2 years and to 27 after 5 years), company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
There is also free parking and a canteen onsite!
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92861780