We're always on the lookout for people who share our ambition - passionate, driven people with fire in their hearts. Do you think you have what it takes?
Dr Martens is currently seeking a Technical Lead to join the Global Digital team to help with the continued growth of our direct-to-consumer offerings on our high traffic transactional websites across multiple regions.
This individual will be responsible for leading and managing both external and internal, development and infrastructure resources to achieve the desired project outcomes. They will act as the technical lead on digital/web applications and infrastructure projects ensuring that best practice is adhered to whilst being able to deliver value quickly with a high degree of quality.
We need someone with strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to manage and work well within a team environment is essential. Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks are vital. Looking for team members with excellent technical problem-solving techniques and the ability to make sound decisions whilst keeping a keen eye on all details. The individual will have a strong web development background preferably in the eCommerce space and is a self-starter who is able to adapt, learn and constantly drive business value and strive to build best-in-class solutions.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
- Lead and drive functional and technical design requirements for projects and provide overall platform domain expertise across regions.
- Work alongside internal business teams, solution architects, developers, BA's and QA's to help craft solutions to technical project blockers or hurdles
- Lead solution design sessions with business stakeholders, system integration suppliers, and IT teams, translating requirements/business rules into detailed technical specifications.
- Manage and drive digital infrastructure improvements with vendors and partners enhancing stability, security and help improve operational efficiency.
- Drive the resolution of any identified issues and defects across the systems.
- Collaborate with CRO and SEO teams to advance product features/development roadmap.
- Own the writing of Technical Requirement Documents.
- Experience leading and both the development and QA teams.
- Exposure to SAP Hybris and/or ecommerce platforms with exposure to working on a microservices, Headless architectural approach.
- Proven knowledge and experience across several fundamental components of ecommerce, Payments, Supply Chain, CRM systems, "big data" and experience management.
- Experience in Agile Methodology, planning and execution.
- Experience with source/version control software e.g., Git repositories & SVN
- Experience working with logic-based problems, driving results from hypothesis, and abstract thinking.
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Splunk data monitoring and alerting.
- Knowledge of responsive and adaptive design principles and translating them into fluid and responsive requirement documents.
- Proven knowledge of developing cross-platform/browser compatibility (IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.) for dynamic web applications.
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards and best practices for load time reduction and accessibility.
- Continuous Integration and delivery (CI/CD)
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people.
- Contract, License and technical Integration experience with 3rd party vendors and suppliers.
YOUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It's never just a job at Dr. Martens. It's a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals - INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Welcome to the family free pair of docs
- 65% off all docs
- Our Culture team are a dedicated team focusing on culture, wellness, and charity work across the business
- 2 paid volunteer days per year
- Private healthcare
- Pension contribution
Are you ready to fill your boots? Apply now.
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be our best. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92871471