Salary: £25,702 to £27,938 per annum (dependent on skills and experience).
Hours: Full time.
Contract Type: Open Ended.
Location: Science and Technology Facilities Council, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Harwell, Oxfordshire.We currently have a great opportunity for someone with sound knowledge of safety issues and current health and safety legislation to provide workshop support to our ISIS Mechanical Workshop.About us
The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) is one of Europe's largest multi-disciplinary science research organisations. Working at the forefront of scientific endeavour is not possible without a dedicated team of engineers able to turn abstract scientific ideas into reality. Our ISIS Neutron and Muon Source facility is the world's most productive spallation neutron source - providing beams of neutrons and muons to enable scientists to study the structure and properties of matter for the benefit of science and engineering in the UK and abroad.Do you have:
- Notable prior experience of working in a Mechanical Engineering environment.
- Computer skills/working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Sound knowledge of safety issues and current health and safety legislation.
Then this could be the role for you!Main duties of the role would include:
- To be active in maintaining a stock of finished magnets insulators.
- The collection of data/samples from the environmental sample station when required.
- Monitoring and recording of machine coolant condition to ensure compliance and ensuring approved code of practice for control of legionella.
- Liaison with the lifting inspector, crane inspector and PAT testing.
- General workshop duties as required.
- Assist the mechanical technicians with the repair and installation of components within the accelerator.
We are offering a permanent position that provides a whole host of family friendly benefits including; 30 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), an excellent defined average salary pension scheme, employee shopping/travel discounts, a salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme, plus many more benefits and wellbeing initiatives that enable our employees to have a great work life balance.UKRI is an Equal Opportunity & Disability Confident Employer.
Closing Date: 13th June 2021
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92869556