With combined assets of approximately £45bn, and representing the retirement savings of over 900,000 scheme members across over 2000 employers, LGPS Central Limited's Partner Funds are; Cheshire Pension Fund, Derbyshire Pension Fund, Leicestershire Pension Fund, Nottinghamshire Pension Fund, Shropshire Pension Fund, Staffordshire Pension Fund, West Midlands Pension Fund, and Worcestershire Pension Fund.
Since its launch in April 2018, LGPS Central (LGPSC) has become responsible for around £20bn of these assets. Around £10bn is held in funds structured in an Authorised Contractual Scheme (ACS, itself authorised by the FCA) and around £10bn in a range of advisory and discretionary mandates. The volume of assets under management is expected to grow rapidly over the next few years as, in partnership with our Partner Funds, new sub-funds are developed and launched into which Partner Funds' assets will transition. A range of further sub-fund launches are planned for this financial year across a range of asset classes.
LGPS Central Limited is owned equally by the pension funds and is dedicated to the management of local government pension assets. The aim of the Company is to use the combined buying power of its Partner Funds to reduce costs, improve investment returns and widen the range of available asset classes for investment - all for the benefit of local government pensioners, employees and employers. We are also committed to fully integrating Responsible Investment and Engagement into all our investment processes.
The management of Local Government Pension Scheme funds is going through significant change, providing career-changing opportunities for those who have the relevant investment experience and who want to work within a company which values integrity, trust, transparency, diversity, fairness and partnership. LGPS Central Limited aims to be a centre of excellence and we seek candidates who share our values to help us achieve that goal.
Our objective is to be a leading investment management company working with and for our Partner Funds. With a focus on value for money and performance we want to aspire to be one of Classified as Restricted the best because this is how we will deliver the superior investment returns and low costs for our Partner Funds.
We are a diverse and inclusive employer and would welcome interest from all sections of the community.
We are now seeking to hire an experienced Communications Officer to join the Client Services Team, based in Wolverhampton.About the role Client Services Team
The Client Services team is responsible for managing the relationship between the Company and our Stakeholders.
The dedicated team consists of 4 key members - The Head of Client Services & Stakeholder Relations, Client Relationship Manager, The Communications Officer and Client Support.
The Communications Officer will lead on all aspects of communication, both internally with employees and externally with Shareholders and Clients.
The role involves producing and distributing regular internal communications such as the Staff newsletter "The Sentinel", and regular blogs and emails on behalf of the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Investment Officer and members of the Executive Committee.
The role will also mean that you will have responsibility for monitoring daily Press coverage of the Company, its Peer Group, its Clients, Stakeholders and 3rd parties of interest such as external fund managers.
You will also be responsible for producing and distributing Press Releases to the media and handling any incoming Press enquiries. As a brand Ambassador you will also be expected to ensure that the Company is positively represented in the media.
The Communications Officer will also be responsible for all digital communication including the Corporate website and social media channels such as Linkedin.
The Company also hosts a number of events throughout the year and the Communications Officer is expected to lead on this function, co-ordinating guest speakers and presentations, ensuring that the events are well attended, well executed with strong content and resulting in high satisfaction levels from all attendees.
The role of the Communications Officer at LGPS Central offers an opportunity to be part of the development and growth story of a multi-billion-pound asset manager, to join an organisation where you will not only have the prospects to develop your Communications skills but also be actively involved in working closely with members of the Board and Senior Management Team members.
You will be expected to work as part of the team and will be required to support the Head of Client Services & Stakeholder Relations.RoleRole Purpose:
- Based in Wolverhampton, the successful candidate will work closely with the Head of
- Client Services & Stakeholder Relations.
- The Communications Officer is expected to lead all communication and engagement activities with Partner Funds and Stakeholders.
- Health and Safety
- Personal Development
- Head of Client Services & Stakeholder Relations
- Executive Directors, Board, Non-Executive
- Directors, Heads of Service, Portfolio Managers and other LGPSC staff
Need to do
- Partner Funds, Shareholders, Journalists / Media,
- Graphic Designers
Need to knowSkills/Knowledge/Experience/Competence:
- Assist the Head of Client Services & Stakeholder Relations in all matters relating to Client & Stakeholder communications & engagement as well as internal communications.
- To lead on the production and maintenance of all presentation materials including internal and external documents (Staff Newsletter, CEO Blog etc.)
- Ensure that the Corporate website content is continually updated and maintained
- Lead on the preparation of Client meetings and stakeholder events (Company AGM, Annual Stakeholder day Product Information Day, Shareholder
- Promote LGPS Central within the investment community and Partner Funds. Maintain LGPS Central brand quality
- Prepare Media and Press Releases as required
- Assist with the maintenance of communication databases.
- Take lead responsibility for monitoring media and Press activity
- Maintain integrity of the LGPS Central Brand
- Take lead on social media output.
- Experience of working in a Client facing communications / relationship capacity, preferably within an asset management or
- professional services company
- An understanding of investments and financial markets is highly desirable but not essential
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders, particularly within local government is also desirable but not essential
• First class interpersonal,
- collaborative and communication and presentation skills.
- Must be articulate, presentable and confident
- Must be a proficient user of PowerPoint, Excel, Share Point and
- WordPress. Experience of using Meltwater would be an advantage.
- Previous experience of dealing with media would be useful
Values and BehaviourValues
- Degree preferred but not essential
- Relevant experience within field
- We are a great place to work
- We are client-focused
- We are inclusive
- We are ambitious
- Open, fair, transparent and acting with integrity
- "Doing the right thing".
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Accountability for results and delivery
- "Customer First" attitude.
- Empowered in making right decisions.
- Collegiate and collaborative
- Valuing and treating everyone equally.
- Listening to individual ideas to support growth.