Newton Investment Management is one of BNY Mellon Investment Management's specialists, and are a London-based global investment house with expertise in a range of disciplines, including global, regional and emerging-market equities, multi-asset strategies, absolute return investing and global bonds. A global, thematic approach to investment helps them achieve long-term perspective on global financial markets and economies, and identify areas of long-term risk and opportunity. Their belief is that responsible investment is better investment for clients and they consider ESG (environmental, social and governance) issues in relation to every company in which they invest. Newton is part of BNY Mellon Investment Management, one of the world's largest investment managers. Our Values:
Trusted: We work in an open and honest way and with transparency. We do what we say we will do and work towards a common goal. We act with honesty and integrity and always do what is right. We make good informed decisions and act in the best interest of Newton and its clients. Our clients trust us to do the right thing.
Collaborative: We work together to create solutions for the benefit of the business and our clients. We recognise diversity and innovation as valuable tools in achieving our goals. We search out new opportunities and ideas by involving the right people in discussions and decision making. We welcome different perspectives in our pursuit of the best possible solution. We work in partnership with our clients.
Open-minded: We consider new ideas and strategies and identify new and different ways of being successful. We are flexible and open to change even when that change challenges our current viewpoint. We welcome different perspectives and diversity of thought to keep our approaches' innovative and current. We are curious about the opinions of others and recognise their contributions.
Accountable: We take ownership of our role in driving the business forward and meeting our business objectives. We own the explicit decision making process and acknowledge our successes and areas of development as a basis for improvements without blame. We have clear defined roles and work together to ensure hand offs and jointly owned functions are delivered effectively. We are empowered to work autonomously and take pride in our personal contributions.
Purposeful; We share a clear set of goals and strategies and work towards them collectively to fulfil our business objectives. We have a clear set of standards and approaches that provide context and guidance to our purpose. We are deliberate in how we work with our clients and stakeholders differentiating us from our competitors. We operate with clear intent delivering solutions as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Dynamic: We adapt to the changing market conditions and explore new and innovative solutions to support our clients changing needs. We encourage idea generation and progress new ideas and opportunities quickly. We are agile and flexible demonstrating a willingness to change to remain competitive. We are energised, enthusiastic and challenge how and what we do to remain relevant.
Entrepreunerial: We have the conviction to generate new ideas and recognise the need for experimentation and diversity of thought. We are agile and faced paced using effective decision making to agree and drive forward or dismiss and continue to search for a solution. We work with our colleagues, stakeholders and clients to create innovative future proof solutions and deliver them in a timely manner. We think like owners and recognise the personal contribution we make in supporting Newton's continuing success. Job Summary
Newton Technology Support offer a concierge support service to the business by providing advice, guidance and taking direct ownership for issues affecting Newton and its ability to function. The aim is to provide a dedicated Premier level IT support service that ensures excellence in client service, ownership, innovation, technical breadth and professionalism.
Newton Technology Support cover a unique variety of 1st & 2nd Line support alongside Market Data support and Technical Project related work. They assist in troubleshooting, raising, tracking, escalating and managing issues through to completion within Newton, the broader BNY Mellon corporation or engagement with 3rd parties as required.
Each member of the team is expected to serve as a first point of call for all related issues and enquiries across the tech landscape including Windows OS & Mac OS, mobile devices and Virtual Desktops etc.
The role involves a mixture of remote and onsite working for the foreseeable future covering a shift pattern between 7am and 6pm. Key Responsibilities
- Escalate where appropriate to line management or the Technology Management team.
- Inform line management or the Technology Management team where significant issues are encountered.
- Provide consultancy and training support (post implementation) to business resources, likely in a 'train the trainer' capacity.
- As a semi-senior role coaching & mentoring on best practices to junior members of the team.
- Build and maintain an understanding of Newton business processes, information flows and IT requirements
- Carry out regular morning systems health checks, and report accordingly.
- Undertake out of hours / weekend support as required.
- Manage small technical initiatives providing regular updates to line management.
- Ensure all desktop work is recorded and tracked in Jira Service Desk and Service Now. Assure the quality and frequency of comments on all assigned tickets meets the agreed standards.
- Where responsibility for the remediation falls outside of your remit, you retain ownership, providing business updates and communication until an alternative owner has taken responsibility whether within, or external to Newton.
- Follow and develop support standards as they relate to problem solving, communication, fault recording and reporting.
- Liaise with business staff, corporate IT shared services, and the projects and development team as required carrying out these responsibilities.
- Participate in development scrum meetings as appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of technology and business processes (upkeep of Knowledge Repositories & WiKis)
- Provide reporting/management information as required, to the highest quality within the timescale agreed.
- Liaise with product vendors when necessary to log issues, request assistance in the resolution of these issues and gain further understanding of products.
- Ensure integration with our Development, Test, Project and BA teams as necessary to continuously improve the environment, application stability and wider business understanding.
- Be aware of information risk, following prescribed processes escalating observed situations to the Newton SIRO as appropriate.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
- Adaptability - especially towards new technologies, skills transfer and a flexible attitude towards work activities
- Strong communication skills
- Customer Orientation
- Excellent technical aptitude and literacy
- Mandatory & Desirable Skills
- Windows OS Administration
- Mobile Device Administration
- Basic Database Skills (Oracle & SQL)
- Basic Knowledge of Programming Languages (Microsoft .NET, HTLM5)
United Kingdom-Greater London-London Job:
Asset Management Internal Jobcode:
Newton-HR06148 Requisition Number: