Project Manager 18 Months FTC Remote / On site post lockdown (North East) £45k+ (Depending on experience)
Hays Technology have recently registered a fantastic opportunity with a well-known public sector organisation who are currently on the market for an experienced Project Manager to support them on an 18-month fixed term contract with a wonderful project that will help make a big difference to the wider community.
Our client is currently undergoing an implementation/upgrade and looking for an experienced Project Manager to support, manage and liaise with the relevant stakeholders and technical departments.
As the project manager on this project you will report directly to the Associate Director and be responsible for managing large-scale IT projects. You will ensure that the outputs specified in the business case are delivered on time and to specification.
You will keep the relevant IT Programme Leads or Project Board, Governance Boards and other relevant stakeholders aware of progress and risks and ensure the organisations project management framework is fully utilised and that the planning, monitoring and governance of the project are carried out in line with relevant policies and procedures, raising any concerns to senior management level in a timely manner.
**Please note this role can be worked remotely initially but will be required on site post lockdown**
You will have the following skills/experience:
What you need to do now
- Prince2 Qualification
- Agile experience
- Experience working on large-scale IT projects (through to completion)
- Previous experience working within medical or health industry
- Previous experience working as a Project Manager on software / implementations projects
- Experience working full project lifecycle
- Developing/monitoring complex programme or project plans and business cases.
- Experience of producing written reports and relating to complex information and data
- Experience in supporting significant change initiatives in IT
- Proven experience in engaging successfully with a range of stakeholders to elicit requirements.
- Able to communicate successfully with a wide range of stakeholders both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Change Management skills / working and liaising with Technical teams
- Excellent Workshop design and facilitation skills
- Confidence and ability to challenge senior managers appropriately regarding governance of the programme, escalating where required.
- Good understanding how service redesign can deliver significant benefits within a large organisation
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93076915