Category Manager Packaging Based Voyager House, Chicago Way, Manchester M90 3DQ
THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world's #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations are at the heart of our customers' experience here at THG. We manufacture a wide range of sports nutrition and cosmetic consumer goods that we then despatch to our customers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Manufacturing and Distribution Centres.
THG is looking to recruit a Category Manager Packaging who will be based at our main HQ by Manchester Airport to source a range of high-quality, sustainable, innovative and commercial packaging solutions for THG. Main Responsibilities:
Requirements:To be considered for this role you should have
- Manage and lead a small team responsible for procurement of a wide range of packaging substrates including flexibles, rigid plastics, corrugate and labels from a range of suppliers for all THG sites globally
- Developing and delivering the team strategy within each packaging category in line with commodity tracking, sustainability aims and an innovation pipeline
- In addition to negotiating with existing and sourcing new suppliers you will be expected to demonstrate a passion for product development and support all internal stakeholders in project delivery
- You will be required to work closely with packaging suppliers and our Technical teams to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of packaging innovation developments.
- Challenge and manage suppliers to deliver the required standards.
- Build and maintain relationships with the product and manufacturing teams to ensure a seamless process.
Benefits:What We Offer
- Experience sourcing a range of packaging solutions including flexibles, rigid plastics, corrugate and labels in global markets
- A strong interest in new product development for packaging solutions
- Strong Commercial approach and a track record in supply chain excellence supporting merchandising in all aspects of product availability
- Experience negotiating with suppliers and strong influencing skills
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Ability to analyse data and make decisions
- IT literate and strong excel skills
- Flexible attitude
- Competitive salary
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
Unfortunately because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, we are sometimes unable to respond to every application. If you haven't heard from us within 14 days of applying, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions within THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further. THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.