Senior Structural Engineer - Manchester | £40,000 - £50,000
We are working with a market-leading, multi-disciplinary consultancy that is renowned for providing innovative and sustainable design solutions within Civil and Structural, M&E, Geotechnical, and Transport disciplines.
They are currently recruiting for a Senior Structural Engineer to join their Manchester office and lead a project team in delivering projects, including the preparation of detailed structural calculations, specifications, and drawing packages.
The successful Senior Structural Engineer will have the opportunity to impact the engineering of some of the most exciting and prestigious structural design projects across the UK. The ideal Senior Structural Engineer will be familiar with all structural material and have extensive experience in sectors such as education, commercial, retail, industrial and residential. You will be responsible for delivering complex and technical projects while mentoring a growing team of engineers.
In time, the successful Senior Structural Engineer will assume greater levels of responsibility and progress through the business whilst achieving Chartered Engineer status.
Required Skills/Qualifications of the Senior Structural Engineer:
* MEng degree level (or equivalent)
* Close to being or will have recently become Chartered with IStructE or ICE.
* Extensive practical experience in structural engineering within a consultancy environment.
* Well-versed in a range of software packages including AutoCAD, Revit, Robot, Grasshopper, Tekla or TEDDS.
* Knowledge of working with multiple materials, including steel, reinforced concrete and masonry.
* Local knowledge of the Midlands construction market would be beneficial.
* Experience taking large-scale projects from initial concept through appropriate approval processes and to detailed design for construction.
* Strong organisational and planning skills with a passion for sustainable design.
More about the company
The successful Senior Structural Engineer will be joining a team that emphasises collaboration and is committed to working together to produce sustainable building designs that reduce environmental impact. They have achieved several awards in recent years from building performance to investors in people and their global presence is a testament to their success.
As well as offering competitive salaries, this company is focused on work-life balance and makes an effort to socialise as a team on regular occasions. Previous activities have included go-karting, team BBQs, paintballing, yoga classes, and classes on new languages. The successful Senior Structural Engineer can also expect to receive support with continued professional development through internal and external training courses, new professional or academic qualifications, and clear routes for progression.
How to apply?
If this Senior Structural Engineer vacancy sounds of interest, get in touch today to discuss what the company has to offer in more detail. You can reach us on (phone number removed).
Contact: Tom Stewart | Role: Senior Structural Engineer | Location: Manchester | REF: 7856