A Leading Financial Services Business are looking to hire an experienced Oracle DBA.
Initial 6 month contract - scope to roll
The role is Inside IR35, paying between £600-£650 per day (Umbrella)Purpose of your role
The Technical Consultant - Databases is responsible for working on database project delivery and / or production support activities from a technical perspective. Typically this will be day to day activities supporting database infrastructure including solving production and non-production issues, working on change, incidents, problems, service improvement and engineering initiatives. In addition to this the Technical Consultant also acts as a trusted technology advisor to the business providing guidance and consultancy as required.
This role demands strong technical skills with a focus to ensure maximum uptime of the production database infrastructure. Working as a member of a global database support team the successful candidate will play a pro-active role in the support of the database estate. The role requires strong Oracle database technical skills across various UNIX and Linux platforms
The role will involve regular BAU (Business As Usual) support and will involve 24 x 7 support and weekend working.Top skills Key Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- 24x7 support for the firm's Production database estate. This includes all Production, Disaster Recovery, Emergency Break Fix, User Acceptance Testing and Development environments.
- Rapid response to address high severity (severity 1, 2 and 3H) incidents.
- Support and delivery of assigned project work.
- Pro-active issue detection and resolution as well as service monitoring.
- Service restoration subsequent to unanticipated outages or disruptions.
- Driving root cause analysis and resolution to closure.
- Identification and driving of database related service quality improvements and engineering deliverables.
- Provision of technical support on a shift, on-call and rotational basis.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Automation and process improvement of database activities.
- Strong Oracle database administration skills in a production support capacity; with the responsibility for the delivery, support and maintenance of reliable, highly available and high performance environments.
- Support of database installation and configuration, monitoring and housekeeping, upgrade and patching, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and performance tuning.
- Good experience in another RDBMS platform , preferably Microsoft SQL Server, database administration and skills as above.
- Good analytical, problem solving and documentation skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs (flexible) and learning new skills quickly.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, together with the ability to communicate with management and other business and technical groups.
Above 10 Years of progressive working knowledge of database technologies
- Oracle Certified Professional
- Oracle RDBMS (11g, 12c, 18c, 19c)
- Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
- Oracle Grid Infrastructure and Real Application Clusters
- Good understanding of UNIX and Linux operating systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux)
- Strong scripting skills (SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX shell scripting)
- Database backup, restore and recovery - User and server managed (RMAN and EMC Data Domain or equivalent)
- Database Instance and Query performance tuning
- Big Data, No/SQL & Related Technologies