Innovative opportunity to work alongside cross-functional development "user centric" agile teams for a major global corporation. You will be able to contribute to the research, design and development of an exciting roadmap of next generation products, by testing prototypes and participating in Design Thinking projects and workshops.Overview
What distinguishes you:
- Support all company product teams with environmental expertise
- Ensure that all products meet the environmental requirements imposed by internal standards as well as national and international regulations
- Drive environmentally friendly product design methods and contribute to the achievement of company's sustainability goals
- To seek out developments in sustainability and technology likely to enable improvements in the cost/performance of the company's products
- An intrinsic motivation to improve the environmental impact of consumer products
- A desire to align customer demands, environmental requirements and technical constraints
- A drive to work in cross functional teams in an international setting
- Engineering degree
- Extensive knowledge on sustainable product design and business models
- 3 years experience in product development and project management
- 1-2 years' experience and knowledge of European Environmental Regulations- REACH, RoHS, WEEE, Battery and EcoDesign.
- Experience in working with material compliance regulations
- Read and interpret standards and laws
- Read & understand 2D drawings
- Interpret and update Material Safety Data Sheets
- Evaluate and interpret LCA (Life Cycle Assessment) results
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to acquire new skills and knowledge independently
- Good interpersonal skills and team player
- Good problem solving skills
- Outgoing personality with excellent communication skills
- Degree in a sustainability related field
- Experience in Environmental Management (ISO 14001)
- Subject matter expert in one of the following Environmental Subjects - REACH, RoHS, WEEE, Battery, EcoDesign, Circular Economy or Sustainable Product Initiative.
- Experience is assessing environmental impacts over product life time
- Material Science knowledge
To contribute to the financial success of the company by ensuring that all environmental requirements in relevant markets are met. To contribute to the development of the Company's products by driving sustainable product design methods and ensuring that our products environmental impact remains state of the art. Responsibilities
To support the teams on all matters relating to environmental performance and compliance of existing or proposed products.
Compliance1.1Monitor European environmental regulations (REACH, WEEE, Battery Directive, etc.) and ensure product compliance 1.2Coordinate material compliance requirements with suppliers and business partners
Eco-Design2.1Follow developments of eco-design standards and regulations and ensure their correct implementation on garden products2.2Help shape new Eco-Design regulation through participation in working groups of industry associations2.3Create training and information material that can be shared within the organisation2.4Produce appropriate documentation of results and conclusions2.5Collaborate with internal departments
Product Certification Process3.1Ensure material certification process is followed correctly3.2Provide guidance to project teams and conduct regular audits
Life Cycle Assessment4.1Support the development of LCA software4.2Carry out and interpret Life Cycle Assessments of key garden products4.3Feed LCA results back into the team
5.Provide other appropriate support to project teams as required6.To seek out developments in technology likely to enable improvements in the cost/performance of the companies products.7.To supervise placements students as required.8.Any other task deemed appropriate by the Manager and within the capabilities of the post holder.Urgent role - please apply now!
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from persons of any age for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93070041