Who we are:Pasta Evangelists
has become one of the fastest-growing food brands in the UK. Delivering freshly made, artisan pasta and sauces across Britain, we delight our customers with authentic pasta dishes from all four corners of the Italian Peninsula. Our deliveries include everything required to prepare restaurant-quality pasta at home, including pre-portioned fresh pasta, slow-cooked sauces and garnishes sourced in Italy. With the hard work taken care of by our Italian chefs, all our customers need to do is boil the pasta and heat up the sauce... e buon appetito, a Michelin-starred quality meal in minutes!
We launched our brand in 2016, in London, as an e-commerce pure play. Since then, we've expanded our e-commerce business nationwide, delivering to tens of thousands of customers and subscribers across the country each week. Our business has also morphed into an 'omnichannel' setup, with a network of dark kitchens, premium retail partners, events, gifting and more. The aim is to evangelise the real, fresh pasta in as many touchpoints as possible.
Our mission is clear, loud and simple: we want to be THE authority in fresh, artisan pasta. And it's a booming market! Whilst pasta is worth a massive $5.3bn in the UK, the global category amounts to more than $50bn. Per capita consumption of pasta in the US, meanwhile, is almost four times higher than across the pond - so we think it's time to pioneer the fresh pasta we know and love stateside.
To do so, we're hiring a Pasta Evangelists USA GM
. The candidate will be responsible for launching Pasta Evangelists in the United States ex nihilo - from nothing! All aspects of the launch will be your domain, from identifying and securing our first office space on the East Coast and setting up our logistics and key suppliers to hiring a local team and ensuring our food is irresistible. This won't for the faint of heart but is a hugely exciting opportunity for an ambitious and entrepreneurial candidate. You'll come and work with us for a while in London first, where we're based, before setting up a hub a hub in NYC. You will be a key member of the Pasta Evangelists team and have the full support of our Leadership team and Co-Founders as you embark on a journey to convert the New World to Pasta Evangelism...Who you are:
What you'll do:
- You have a proven track record, with 3 to 5 years of professional experience, ideally in operations management, start-ups, consulting or investment banking (but we are open to exceptional candidates of any background)
- You have a degree in business administration, logistics, economics, engineering or a related field from a top university (or equivalent experience)
- You are a self-starter and love to make things happen, particularly putting new ideas or structures into place for the first time
- You've worked in a fast-paced operational or start-up environment before, and understand how important being both proactive and reactive is for success
- You have previously managed a small to medium sized team
- You have experience training and developing a team
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken
What we can offer:
- Join our team as Pasta Evangelists USA GM
- Spend 3 months in London first, as part of Pasta Evangelists UK, meeting the team and learning the business in depth
- Own and manage the launch of Pasta Evangelists in the USA, with a first base in New York City
- Establish relationships with key suppliers in New York City and bring our product to life stateside - you'll work with food suppliers, logistics providers and more
- Set up our first Pasta Evangelists USA office and hire a small team to support with the launch
- Deliver strong and sustained growth, managing your own P&L
- Take full ownership of operations in the USA, from overseeing customer support and logistics to production and food safety
- Work with our marketing team in the UK to execute a Pasta Evangelists launch plan
To apply, please:
- The opportunity to lead on our most exciting expansion journey to date
- Support from our Leadership and wider team as you embark on this challenge
- Significant responsibility
- Join a dynamic team, reporting directly into our CEO
- Regular team socials and pasta tastings, as well as occasional trips to ''il bel paese''...
- 50% off Pasta Evangelists products
- 25 days of paid annual leave (yes, even in the USA!)
- Competitive market salary and longer-term potential equity package
- Send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter detailing why you would like to join the Pasta Evangelists team & why you are right for this role.