Full-time Reception SEND Teaching Assistant job in Bristol, BS3. Supporting a pupil with ASD for Term 6. Your new company
A primary school in Bristol is currently recruiting for a resilient and highly supportive Teaching Assistant with SEN experience to start as soon as possible with the view of this continuing in September if funding allows. You will be working closely with a child with ASD on a 1:1 basis in Reception. You will be working on a full-time basis, 5 days per week.Your new role
You will be providing 1:1 support to a child with ASD, with a specific focus on their reading and general academic progression. You will also be supporting the child outside of the classroom at break time and lunch time. You will be working closely with the classroom teachers to provide feedback and suggestions on the child's individual progress. Therefore, good communication skills are essential.What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Previous experience supporting pupils with Special Educational Needs, specifically ASD.
- A passion for helping children to achieve their full potential.
- The ability to monitor pupil development and offer suggestions and feedback.
- The ability to communicate effectively with all members of staff, parents and pupils.
What you need to do now
- You will be paid a competitive daily rate.
- You will be working in a highly enjoyable environment.
- You will receive CV and interview advice.
- You will receive the benefits of working with your own personal teaching assistant consultant who specialises in the Bristol area.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.