Structural Design Engineer (Production Output)
37 hours per week / 6 month contractRates:
£20.65 PAYEAbout the role:
Here at Babcock International, we are looking to recruit a team of Structural Design Engineers to work on Marine CAD Production Outputs.
The Structural Designer (Production Outputs) will be part of the team responsible for the creation of CAD Production Outputs along with other design deliverables to the required standards. They are required to contribute to, as well as, supporting the appropriate areas of the product design cycle including installation technical support.
The role requires a good understanding of engineering and design practices as relevant to the discipline and you must be able to demonstrate excellent CAD skills as well as good written and verbal communications.
This position has the capacity to work from home, however it is possible that you would be required to attend the site on occasion. Responsibilities of the role:
Qualifications and experience required:
- Preparing & producing 2D structural marine drawing deliverables (primary/secondary/outfit) to required standards & within budget/schedule (create drawings, bill of materials, incorporating change, up-revision of drawings)
- Ability to utilise 3D models to generate 2D Production Output deliverables.
- Ability to utilise 3D models to generate additional deliverables (BoM/CADCAM data)
- Utilising appropriate technical standards and regulations to support development within the appropriate area of the Design Lifecycle (specifically PO's)
- Perform self-verification of own work
- Ability to identify errors and omissions that conflict with require specifications within source model and deliverables
- Familiarity with shipbuilding/ship repair terminology and practices
- Liaise with colleagues and various stakeholders during appropriate design phases to ensure coordination and functionality of design
- Provide solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Technical and Production Queries
- Reporting of technical progress and issues to line management
- Be aware of and ensure that safety, health and environmental requirements are implemented
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement in quality standards of outputs
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly to this vacancy or contact Chloe Beaumont on for more information.
- Experience working on Naval or Commercial Marine shipbuilding projects (Preferably UK naval shipbuilding projects/alternatively new build or major conversion packages)
- The post holder is required to hold an NC/HNC or an equivalent qualification in Structural/Outfitting discipline subject
- Apprenticeship in relevant discipline or relevant industry experience
- Be proficient in the use of one or more parametric/spec driven CAD systems in a 2D environment, but a minimum awareness of working within a 3D model (preference to be with Hexagon S3D)