Heard of us?
We're a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance. Now is your chance...
CTO is responsible for the design, provision, integration and management of the technology assets that support The Group's customers, partners and colleagues. This is provided through a combination of in-house teams and third-party partners and suppliers across the following functions:
- Service Engagement, including Service Management and Business Partnering
- Technology Operations
- Technology Delivery, including application development and technical change delivery
- Test Services
- Architecture and Design
- Office of the CTO, including business-aligned technology strategy and governance
CTO supports over 500 applications with c150 suppliers, with a major multi-year IT transformation programme delivering investment in new tools and platforms to enable faster change and more resilient systems.
The Application Support Engineer role is responsible for managing and supporting all business critical applications, their underlying technologies and operating systems within the organisation. The Application Support function is typically the initial transfer point for all incidents raised via the IT Service Desk pertaining to non-functional issues.
This role is a 12 month FTC and when the time is right, they would love to welcome you to their Cardiff office. In the meantime you will be based remotely. You'll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager Application Support Engineer Team Lead and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction. What would your day look like? Support
Provide technical and functional support to the business for all applications.
Triage incidents to determine course of action. Change Management
Provide design input for new projects covering possible reuse, application cooperation and deployment models. Release Management
Provide input into release planningWhat do we expect of you?
What can you expect of us?
- Previous experience within an application support role supporting Linux based applications.
- Experience of working in an environment supporting business critical applications using Webservices, DNS/Networking, Apache Tomcat and Apache https.
- A self starter who is happy to work within a wider team as well as be proactive in their approach.
- Ideally you will have experience of certificate renewal.
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential. Still Curious?
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, "backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams", we thrive upon saying "yes" to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you're pregnant or on family leave.#backingyoutobringyourbestAldermore Group is an equal opportunities employer
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore Group will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.