As part of our continued growth and investment in digital technology, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Lead Developer to join our agile team. This is an exciting and key position to help deliver on our ambitions of being the best and biggest digital insurer in the UK.
Working across all aspects of the software development lifecycle, you will lead the delivery of high quality software changes across our MicroServices and Data Enrichment projects.
This role can be 100% remote post COVIDHow you will make a difference
What we are looking for
- Provide technical leadership, enforcing the vision of the application technical architecture and integrity of the application environment in conjunction with Solution Architects and other tech leads
- Contribution to development within a Scrum test & across teams for area of responsibility, and take ownership of code reviews and contributes to standards for development practices
- Partners with the project team to provide estimates, quality and accuracy of technical designs, build and implementation
- Understand and align Development output to Hastings technical vision for projects, programs and systems, keeping in mind cross-functional impacts
- Mentor, coach and train team members and peers, to enforce development guidelines and best practices
- Develop code that conforms to Hastings Direct coding standards and industry best practices.
- Passionate about the value of testing, and drives adoption of testing frameworks
- Ensure the highest quality of code delivery from team, including no major incidents on the back of team changes
- Line Management responsibilities for Software team
Benefits for you
- Proven Lead Developer experience, developing enterprise level software
- Extensive experience developing large scale applications including more recently on MicroServices
- MicroServices, event-driven reactive programming and other Cloud Native architectures
- Cloud Native platform experience including Kubernetes and Docker Enterprise
- Experience deploying systems into Azure or AWS production environments
- SpringBoot and Java8
- Data Enrichment
- Excellent Stakeholder Management
- Competitive basic salary
- Remote working opportunities
- Up to 20% bonus earning potential
- £5k annual cash car allowance
- 27 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Up to 10% pension contributions
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.