An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified (or finalist) Management Accountant for a bespoke, high end design business. Reporting into the Finance Director this is a pivotal role as part of their finance team, to deliver first class finance expertise as well as being part of the senior team to plan to grow the business whilst coming out of the Covid pandemic.
The brand focus is on creating intelligent, quality products that allow premium hotel brands to deliver exceptional guest experiences. Their clientèle includes many of the best-known hotel groups such as Hilton, Four Seasons, Ritz-Carlton, Fairmont as well as other luxury hotel groups. And we distribute in over 50 countries globally.The role will be a No2 position to the FD and this will develop into a Finance Manager/ FC role in the next 12/18 months if the suitable candidate progresses as the Finance Director assist you in your progression.
This is a full-time, permanent position and the ideal candidate will have a proven track record of understanding the demands of an SME sized creative business to be able to adapt to the changes when expanding this year.The position also comes with a 10-15% bonus as being part of the senior leadership team In this role you will be responsible for:
To be successful, you will have:
- Full production of the monthly Management Accounts, ownership of the monthly management pack
- Presenting and discussing departmental P&L with each department head
- Ensuring the integrity of the ledgers
- The reconciliation of all Balance Sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Full understanding and ownership of the revenue recognition processes
- Preparation Revenue Reports and analysis of variances, reporting to the Directors.
- Providing clear and concise cost breakdowns to the business, highlighting areas of risks and opportunities
- Ensuring periodic trading & overhead P&L's are provided with supporting detail to budget holders.
- Supporting the AP & AR function
- Managing periodic stock take (from a finance perspective)
- Cash-flow forecasting & FX exposure reporting.
- Supporting the quarterly re-forecasting process and yearly budgeting process
- Ownership of statutory reporting & reconciliations (VAT/ EC Sales/ Intrastat/ New Jersey Tax returns/ Czech Vat/etc)
- Managing product costing/ re-costing, pricing/ re-pricing
- All financial information that is entered into Acumatica (ERP system)
- Supporting year-end accounts preparation
- Improving business function through adding value at all levels
- Experience of working in FMCG/SME environment
- Expert Excel skills
- Great commercial acumen and you will be a Qualified Accountant.
- Excellent inter-personal communication & influencing skills.
- The ability to identify key areas - knowing instinctively when to get into the detail and when to take a step back.
Their environment is fast-paced, and they are driven by a passion to enable the business and our people to grow. In this role you will have a real opportunity to make a difference, to challenge the status quo and to see the importance of your contribution.