Data & Analytics Advisor
We're hugely proud 100% of colleagues feel the ABI care about their health and wellbeing and 99% feel colleagues within their team respect each other. If that sounds like your kind of culture, read on to find out how you can join us.
We're looking for Data and Analytics Adviser who can present data creatively in a way that engages people. You'll provide your expert insight, quality assurance and high-quality analysis across the long-term savings and insurance sector - making is accessible for a wide range of audiences.
You won't just be sitting at your desk crunching the numbers, you'll be building positive relationships with colleagues across the ABI and enabling them to use data that will add value to our members, their customers and the wider insurance industry.
Please note this is full time role but we are open to applications from those who wish to work on a flexible and/or job share basis. We welcome applicants who are new to insurance - as well as those who are experts!Data & Analytics Advisor Responsibilities:
Data & Analytics Advisor Requirements:
- Produce high quality analysis on a range of data and management information sources.
- Provide detailed commentary and insight on the key trends and findings from the data, presenting results in reports in a highly accessible manner.
- Develop positive relationships with ABI members firms and data subscribers and help identify potential new data subscribers.
- Advise ABI staff on how to use technology and analytics to leverage maximum value from ABI data and management information, building bespoke applications and reports on an ad hoc basis.
- Support the Data & Analytics Assistants in delivering the day to day running of the Statistics database, Statistics Helpdesk and ABI Subscriptions Service.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvements within the Data & Analytics team and take ownership of implementing these as and when required.
About The Association of British Insurers:
- Strong technical statistical analysis skills - you know how to navigate the more advanced Excel functions.
- Ability to spot trends in data and you can write engaging content to explain what you've found.
- Proactive approach to identifying potential process improvements and you can drive these forwards yourself.
- Excellent communication skills - you can explain technical information in a way everyone can understand and build effective, trusted relationships.
- Brilliant organisation skills - you have exceptional attention to detail and are willing to flex your priorities depending on work demands.
The Association of British Insurers is the voice of the UK's world-leading insurance and long-term savings industry. A productive and inclusive sector, our industry supports towns and cities across Britain in building back a balanced and innovative economy, employing over 310,000 individuals in high-skilled, lifelong careers, two-thirds of which are outside of London.
The UK insurance industry manages investments of over £1.6 trillion, pays over £16 billion in taxes to the Government and supports communities across the UK by enabling trade, risk-taking, investment and innovation. We are also a global success story, the largest in Europe and the fourth largest in the world.
The ABI represents over 200 member companies, including most household names and specialist providers, giving peace of mind to customers across the UK.Location:
Competitive plus benefitsClosing date:
4th July 2021
You may have experience of the following: Data Analyst, Data Specialist, Data Consultant, Data Processing. Data Acquisition Consultant, Data Services Manager, Commodity Data Strategist, Senior Data Analyst, Senior Data Specialist, etc.