Tradewind are recruiting! Are you an experienced SEN Teacher seeking a new and exciting opportunity for September 2021?
Tradewind are currently recruiting for an outstanding SEN Teacher for a very popular school in Barnet
. The role is a full-time position with extra responsibility for teaching SEN pupils. The SEN Teacher post will commence in September 2021 for the full academic year and will most likely go permanent for the right candidate.
This position is best suited to Teachers who have experience working with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
. All students in the class will have an Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP)
. As a SEN Teacher, you should be able to adapt your lessons and subject material to suit each student's ability.
Based in Barnet
, this Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' school caters for 200 pupils with a wide range of SEND including PMLD, SLD, Medical Needs and Autism. Located in Barnet, North-West London, the school has great public transport links with access to several popular bus routes, the Northern Line and Thameslink trains. There is also free off-road parking accessible around the school.
The school grounds are extensive with two large grass fields and many different buildings and break out spaces, including a garden for horticulture. The premises feel warm and welcoming, with students' artwork and photos of school events on display in every hallway.
As a SEN Teacher you will have access to a supportive and committed team of SLT who work collaboratively to maintain high standards and expectations plus:
- On-site trainers to help you train as a in a variety of SEN techniques
- The school is well resourced to support SEN pupils with a sensory room, break-out spaces and a nurture room
The HLTA would:
- Teach a class of 6 pupils with PMLD and SLD
- Follow individual therapy plans and a modified national curriculum
- Teach 40-minute lessons, these may be subject specific or across all subjects depending on the year group and ability of the class
- Assess students' abilities and craft teaching plans
- Adapt learning materials to students' needs
- Keep track of and reflect on students' progress
- Monitor children's behavioural patterns and arrange appropriate interventions if needed
- Find engaging activities to teach skills
- Manage classroom crises and resolve conflict
- Prepare students for transition to the next grade
- Inform parents about their children's performance and potential problems
- QTS, qualified teacher status.
- Experience planning and teaching lessons to SEN pupils following the National Curriculum.
- Experience with SEN - ideally SLD and PMLD.
- Enthusiastic, resilient and positive approach.
- Must have legal right to work in the UK.
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a SEN Teacherin Barnet
. Or for more information about the role, contact Alisha on option 3 or
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer