Principal Process Safety Engineer - COMAH - Chemical - Petrochemical Your new company
Our client is a leading Global process safety consultancy working across a number of industries and sectors including Chemical, Pharmaceutical and Oil & Gas.Your new role
You will be be working with a range of client and internal projects focused on design, operation and maintenance of hazardous processing facilities. You be client facing and will require excellent interpersonal skill, a commercial ability and good management experience, while still very much remaining involved in technical detail.
Typical duties will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Development of new and existing services based on an understanding of client and industry needs.
- Development of process engineering standards, manuals, methodologies, work processes, procedures and enabling tools and systems for clients.
- Audits and authoritative reviews of practices and procedures in place at client sites to confirm whether actual methods of operation match documented procedures and/or recognised good practice.
- Interfacing with relevant functional groups (e.g. site management, engineering, operations, health and safety, etc.), including leading or conducting studies to help resolve issues related to management of process safety risks.
- Onsite surveys of chemical process plant (vessels, tanks, pipework, structures, etc.) to ensure that documentation is complete and accurate, producing as-built documents where appropriate.
- Hazard identification and risk assessment studies, including HAZID, HAZOP and LOPA.
- Provision of process engineering expertise in support of design, engineering and EHS studies, design reviews and projects.
- Delivery of agreed internal strategic development projects.
- Professional development of self and direct reports within an existing framework.
- Support the development and delivery of marketing communications programmes.
- Develop relationships with new and existing clients, acting as strategic point of contact for key clients.
- Contribute to clients' sustainability and growth by identifying cost effective solutions to problems.
- Engage with third party suppliers, where appropriate, to provide a comprehensive service to clients.
- Ensure client needs and expectations continue to be met in relation to quality, cost and delivery of work and projects being undertaken for them
- Help build a team to deliver company business and revenue goals.
- Foster a productive and collaborative working environment.
- Lead multiple projects/work-packages simultaneously and ensure strong integration across the organisation.
Chartered engineer with a degree in chemical or process engineering.
Experienced in design principles, processes and standards for process plant.
Detailed understanding of relevant legislation, especially COMAH and DSEAR, and related codes, standards and good practice.
Experience of regulation of COMAH would be a distinct advantage.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a proven ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
Ability to develop good personal relationships with colleagues and to contribute constructively and effectively to projects as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
A high degree of personal integrity and sound judgement.What you'll get in return
Competitive basic salary (£70,000 - £90,000 per annum) plus comprehensive benefits package (company pension, health care, travel and life insurance, critical illness cover etc)What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.