: £29,829.42 per annumContract type
: Permanent Full TimeLocation
: CardiffJOB OVERVIEW
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Cardiff International Study Centre (ISC) is a new and exciting development, launched in September 2020. You would be working in a culture of enhancing learning, teaching and assessment through a developmental approach, which for you will mean autonomy, innovation, and development opportunities.
You will teach on English and Study Skills modules on the International Foundation Year (level 3) or Pre-Masters Programmes (level 6) or a combination of both of these levels. You will play a key role by contributing to the development of teaching materials and formative assessment. You will empower students to reach the level they need to progress into university by providing student-centred, engaging, and innovative learning. You'll undertake marking and feedback on formative and summative assessments.
To find out more about Study Group, Cardiff ISC and our partner university, visit the following websites:KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Student learning experience
- Contribute to the delivery and development of modules and teaching sessions offered by the Cardiff ISC.
- Prepare and deliver teaching seminar and tutorial sessions, with a normal teaching load of up to 25 hours per week.
- Prepare module tests and other forms of formative and summative assessments.
- Mark students' formative and summative assessments submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials.
- Develop and update course material for modules and teaching sessions, including module material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
- Work with the Centre's Student Experience team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes.
- Notify and liaise with colleagues where necessary to ensure all students receive appropriate on-going welfare and progression support.
Quality and standards assurance and enhancement
- Implement quality assurance procedures at module and teaching session level and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of courses.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student attendance and performance.
- Attend and contribute to standardisation, moderation and other quality assurance meetings.
Academic management and personal development
- Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff contributing to the effective overall management of the programme and student life cycle.
- Maintain and submit accurate and timely records of teaching and other activities.
- Participate in regular training and development activities and maintain a log of these activities.
- Carry out any other duties as required from time to time by centre managers.
- A Bachelor's degree. (Essential).
- Teaching qualification (Desirable).
- Diploma in English language teaching or equivalent (Essential).
- Master's in related discipline (Desirable).
- Experience of teaching in UK higher or further education and experience of working with international students.
- EAP experience for teachers of English
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.ORGANISATIONAL COMPLIANCE
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.