Base Location: Portsmouth
Salary: £22,178 - 29,290 depending on experience + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern:Permanent | FullTime -37 hours per week| Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
The connections team are the first point of contact for customers wishing to have a new electricity connection, increase the size of their existing connection, install generation, or move the equipment supplying their property. We also speak to many customers regarding other general engineering enquiries and we take payments for all chargeable works.
As Connections Advisor you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Talking to our customers and guiding them through the process of applying for new connections, increased demand, moving of existing equipment along with a variety of other general engineering enquiries.
- Primarily using PROMIS (our project management system) you will process applications making sure all the documents needed have been received so that we are able to prepare an accurate quotation.
- Due to regulation placed on us it is extremely important that you can produce high quality of work, paying close attention to detail while making sure applications are passed to the quotation stage in a timely manner
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have the following skills and experience:
-A proven background in customer service.
- You will be well organised with the ability to work to deadlines.
- You will possess the ability to motivate people and have a passion for delivering excellent customer service.
- You will have experience using basic computer packages and telephone experience is essential as this isthe main job role.
We believe our people are our most important asset and we also believe in developing our staff to get the best from them, building up talent from within.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com / 0141 224 7679.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.