The EY tax team in Belfast act for a wide range of large corporates, entrepreneurial growth companies and high net-worth individuals, both in the UK and internationally. We deliver a full suite of tax services including tax return compliance, corporate and personal tax advisory such as transaction and reorganisation advice, VAT, employment taxes, specific tax reliefs and estate and succession planning.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing team with a proven track record and perform a key support role to the department, covering quality and risk management support, coordination, project management and administration tasks which allow the tax technical team to focus on client service and technical delivery. The right individual will be pro-active, organised and a good communicatorQualifications:Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Processing client acceptance requests for engagement teams across Belfast tax, liaising with internal stakeholders assisting with processing of AML regulatory checks, checking for Independence restrictions, checking for permissibility of service etc;
- Engagement Agreements - drafting for manager review, finalising for partner sign off, filing of drafts and client signed letters, keeping up to date trackers for various teams
- Assisting teams with drafting and finalising pricing plans and monthly client financials;
- Setting up of engagement codes for timesheet recording.
- Attending various weekly team meetings, maintaining admin trackers
- Assisting with month end financial reporting for Belfast tax partner group -overseeing/processing of credits and write offs;
- Point of contact for client acceptance/engagement queries;
- Billing - drafting of fees, finalising, filing etc;
- Training new technical staff on internal procedures
To qualify for the role you must have
- Project co-ordination skills with ability to complete tasks on an accurate and timely basis
- Plan, manage and prioritise deliverables
- Ability to manage upwards to ensure that the project deliverables meet the agreed timetable
- Strong communicator, able to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally and has a positive impact
- Pro-active and reliable team member with the ability to work effectively with others and share information readily
- Exercise good judgement, with the ability of knowing when to flag issues and when to make own decisions
- Good numerical and data analysis skills
- Receptive to change and a flexible approach
- Demonstrate initiative in approach to projects/assignments and a willingness to challenge the status quo
- Attention to detail and commitment to high quality
- Sound practical experience with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
What we look for
- 'A' Levels (or equivalent) and/or further education qualification e.g. HND
- Strong IT skills
- Evidence of working well under pressure
- Evidence of problem solving
What's most important is that you're dedicated to working with your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You'll need to thrive in picking up new skills as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you've got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you. What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build. Apply now.
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.