Our UK Capital Markets Consulting capability helps our investment banking clients to deliver complex business and regulatory transformation, enabled by technology.
You'll have the opportunity to work on business-critical engagements. In recent years we have helped investment banks to get ready for Brexit, improve their compliance with regulations such as MiFID II, EMIR, and Dodd Frank, and prepare for upcoming regulation such as FRTB and CSDR. We help organisations to prepare for market events such as the cessation of IBOR.
We also help banks to become more profitable, either by developing new revenue streams, or crucially, by reducing costs.
While we predominantly serve the UK market, our clients are global, and we collaborate extensively with our fellow capital markets teams in EMEIA, the US and APAC
We come at transformation problems in the following ways with respect to risk and technology:
• We are highly skilled at delivering and overseeing large scale risk and technology change - from inception and requirements definition through to operational readiness. We prefer an agile methodology but are happy to work in whatever ways our clients demand.
• We are increasingly bringing risk and technology assets to clients to help accelerate transformation. Examples of these include our best-in-class MiFID II reporting analytics suite, and our end-to-end IBOR backbone. Our risk and technology assets include proprietary EY tools as well as best-of-breed vendor tools.
• We deploy team members from on-shore, near-shore and off-shore teams, and often work alongside our major alliance partners, such as Microsoft and Pega to deploy solutions. Increasingly we collaborate with FinTech firms too.
• We are passionate about keeping pace with the latest emerging technology. We have recently invested in senior hires in Cloud, Digital, Intelligent Automation and AI. But we aren't interested in technology for the sake of technology - we combine the tech mindset with EY's deep business and regulatory knowledge in order to deploy technology intelligently to solve business problems.
We are looking for Market-facing Directors and Senior Managers join our team due to expected growth.
Do you want to engage your mind? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
There are multiple aspects of the role:
• Engagement delivery; roles vary from engagement to engagement, but are likely to include business analysis, solution architecture, target operating model design, implementation management and project management.
• Product management/ownership; serving as the risk and technical lead on one or more of our technology assets (e.g. MiFID II analytics).
• Business development; developing long term trusted advisor relationships with our clients, shaping propositions and commercial proposals.
• Brand and market eminence; being a visible leader in the capital markets community, speaking at conferences, authoring thought leadership, participating in multi-client industry round tables.
• People leadership; building and leading high performing teams, coaching, mentoring and serving as a role model for our people.
Commercial and interpersonal skills
• Ability to successfully deliver multiple engagements, exceed client expectations, manage commercial aspects (e.g. contracts, billing and budgets), and manage quality and risk
• Proven track record in identifying and shaping sales as well as delivery
• Ability to maximise team performance - accountability for ensuring a collaborative and committed way for teams to work effectively together, providing coaching and leadership, and sharing knowledge
• Proven ability to identify, develop, take to market and deliver leading edge solutions
• Ability to engage with stakeholders at a C suite level and manage large cross functional projects
• Ability to manage multiple stakeholder communities with varying levels of experience
Identifying opportunities for and securing new business, including leading proposals and bid teams
• High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work under pressure
• Intellectual strength / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into workable solutions which can then be delivered
• Appreciation of EY's solutions / go to market abilities and how these service client needs
• A demonstrable commitment to diversity and inclusiveness
Investment banking skills
• A successful track record and deep experience in investment banking technology and data, gained through time spent in top tier consultancies, software vendors and/or leading investment banks
• Strong understanding of front to back trade lifecycles and booking models
• Strong product knowledge, with the ability to face off to front office and risk functions in particular
• Deep knowledge of regulations - especially MIFID II and FRTB. SFTR, EMIR, Dodd Frank, CSDR all valuable.
• Deep understanding of the complexities of market events such as IBOR transition
• Deep understanding of the capital markets ecosystem (sell side, buy side, FMIs, service providers, vendors)
• A point of view on how the investment banking industry will continue to evolve and in particular how the technology, innovation and FinTech landscape will shape the future.
• Large scale risk and regulation programme delivery (Agile, DevOps, waterfall)
• Product ownership/management
• Experience of overseeing engineering based on SQL, SSIS, Python, XML/FpML and Power BI
• Solution architecture (Business, Functional, Technical)
• Data architecture, data lineage
• Integration architecture
• Process Automation, BPM and Digital Platforms, e.g. Pega
• Cloud, especially Microsoft Azure
• Experience of handling information security and privacy challenges
• Interest and awareness in emerging technologies
In addition, the following experience would be valuable:
• Experience of implementing vendor packages. The following are of particular interest:
o Loan IQ
• An appreciation of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Academic and prior experience
• A university degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above is usually preferred, however we would be open to outstanding candidates who may have followed an alternative academic path.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!