Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business - we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.About the opportunity:
The production and/or surveillance of a set of deliverables. As far as practicable, it will be striven to assign to a given team member the entire documentation related a system to increase deep understanding of the system functions or operating modes.
Following items make up the scope of deliverables:
- Platform Test Procedure (PTP) and its related study file aiming at validating
- I&C functions at test bay for the operational control system (SPPA-T2000 S7)
- Sufficiency Analysis Note (SAN) and its related study file demonstrating the proper test coverage of the safety functions assigned to a system
- System Commissioning Programme (SCP) and its related study file
- Commissioning Procedures (CP) and its related study file
Such activities are based on design documentation, Edvance engineering methods, standards and processes as well as commissioning documentation and feedback from other EPRs.
Main steps of the delivery process, following breakdown is proposed (without being exhaustive):
1. Preparatory phase
- Confirm the project data & internal organisation with the Discipline Lead (budget, time schedule, author - checker - approver)
- Identify the relevant stakeholders and means
- Check the maturity of the input data against RC2 CS2 configuration and/or upcoming changes
- Collect OPEX
- Record risks in the related register and propose mitigation plan, if any
- Arrange pre-job brief / kick-off meeting
- Open the study file
2. Execution phase
- Produce the deliverables in compliance with Edvance engineering procedures and taking into account OPEX from other EPR projects
- Get the deliverables checked by the relevant parties - resolve outstanding issues and comments
- Survey commissioning deliverables elaborated by others (e.g. contractors) with respect to project standards
- Feed the study file as tasks evolve
- Support I&C function tests (PTP) at test bay (France) including test result assessment
3. Monitoring phase
- Report progress towards initial time schedule & budget
- Update risk register on a need basis
4. Close out phase
- Get approval of the deliverables by the relevant parties without comments (PTP, SAN, SCP and CP)
- Issue the PTP related test reports demonstrating the expected I&C function test coverage
- Store both the above-mentioned deliverables and associated study files in the EDMS
Tasks outside the initial disciplines may be assigned depending on the needs of the project. Business Travel:
Frequent travel to France is planned. Main reason (but not limited to) is participation in the I&C platform tests. Seeking Engineer Level 4:
Engineering graduate or Master 2 technical manager.
Has recognised technical expertise in their field and is capable of making proposals in their field of activity.
Has carried out small multi-disciplinary projects or medium-sized sets of single disciplinary works while complying with deadlines and quality.
Takes full responsibility for drafting competent technical reports with a minimum of supervision and provides full technical support for work lots.
Developing skills in management and briefing.Notes:
Note1: Thisis not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities & activities that the job holder may be required to undertake
Note2: Based on our Client office Monday to Friday - 40 hours per week
Note3: Travel and Subsistence is not paid for this role
Note4: Service Incentive - on completion of 12-month continuous service in post - there is a salary uplift of 5% paid
Note5: Please provide travel plan to Bristol to undertake this role / salary expectation / current notice period on Cover Letter with this applicationEssential:
- Relevant engineering degree or engineering diploma .
- Significant engineering experience in the power generation or process industries with heavy regulatory industries with heavy regulatory constraints which must include the drafting of mechanical and monitoring equipment testing guidelines and procedures / instructions.
- Functional knowledge of BNI systems.
- Ability to read and understand I&C logic diagrams.
- Knowledge of the British codes & standards applicable to those systems is required.
- Commissioning experience on an EPR project I&C test bay (or writing of associated procedures).
- Ability to propose fit-for-purpose technical solutions in their area of expertise.
- Capability of coordinating technical topics which may involve several engineering disciplines (mechanical/HVAC, electrical, I&C) and suppliers.
- Good writing skills with a focus on the drafting of test procedures and test coverage substantiation files.
- Rigour in the production and review of deliverables.
- Ability to work in a team, in an international and multicultural environment.
- Relational ease with customers and partners.
- MS Office proficient.
- English language fluent - both written & verbal.
- French language fluent - both written & verbal.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can. Our Culture:
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.