Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business - we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.About the opportunity:Job Purpose /Overview
The Completions Manager takes responsibility for Completion's Processes and Procedures that are associated with their designated Projects and Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT).
To discharge the role requires a range of technical skills and competences, management and communication skills, construction awareness and knowledge of various Client/NNB Standard Project Procedures and Quality Control Procedures.Contextual Information Operating Environment
Framework & Boundaries
- Thinking Environment - requires comprehensive knowledge of both Internal and external LTQR and completions policies and procedures with the ability to apply knowledge in practical situations within both Civil and MEH works.
- Key Relationships - The Completions Manager will report to the Completions Delivery Lead. The Completions Manager will be required to effectively liaise with and have a number of additional Stakeholder Interfaces including but not limited to:
- Project Managers
- Contract Management
- Asset Management
- Site Delivery Teams (both Civils and MEH)
- Site and Pre-Operations
- Quality Leads
- Wider Completions Team
- Site Engineering Team
- Contractor Partners
- Challenges & Problem Solving - Ability to facilitate and coordinate the completions process in line with contract agreements and project schedules and milestones
- Decision Making - Make autonomous decisions in relation to the execution of the Completions process and operate with minimal supervision
The Completions Manager will:
- Manage adherence to and compliance of the NNB Construction Teams, the wider MDT and Contract Partners, to the process steps of the 'Manage Site Works Handover', Review and Approve 'End of Construction Status Report (ECSR)' and 'End of Erection Status Report (EESR)' and other LTQR procedures and specifications. Ensure they are followed with generated completions documentation, periodically verified and approved as required at associated review points, created and compiled in accordance with procedural requirements throughout the lifecycle of the project and confirm completed documentation is uploaded onto EDRMS
- Ensure that the Contractor is fully aware of their obligations, in regards to the delivery of associated Handover requirements as specified within the 'Work Delivery Packs' / Contract Scope / Commissioning Test Pack etc. Organise any training or familiarisation of those requirements, to better prepare the Contractor to deliver the correct content of agreed documentation at the appropriate time, in the Project Life Cycle.
- Coordinate and liaise directly with the relevant stakeholder Delivery and Quality Leads and Teams. To determine their portfolio of concurrent interfaces and handovers. Confirm compliance of method used for the implementation of Handovers and Temporary Access Certificates is in line with project procedures and specifications.
- Identify the requirement for various stakeholder's involvement throughout the completions process and ensure they are consulted and included within the process as necessitated.
- Identify, facilitate and contribute into Project Wide Management issues which require a high level of interaction and coordination with other MDT members, Site Wide Team, third party contractors and other NNB parties.
- Advise and suggest enhancements and improvements to company policies, procedures and protocols for Project Delivery/Close Out, Handover, Quality Control, Reporting and Record Keeping.
- Monitor and track to closure, those NCRs and FCRs that are deemed to be Level II exceptions on the Handover Certificates and drive the prompt close out of all Level I, to enable handover and final approval of 'End of' reports.
- Work with the Project Manager, other Completions Teams and wider MDT, to ensure that the content of the Lifetime Quality Records are progressively updated and those aspects relating to the collation of Records and Completions Documentation are fit for purpose.
- Coordinate with Tier 1 Contractors and associated NNB MDT's, in order to ensure that the collation of any IDS, ECSR's or EESR's are available, in order to include them in the overarching Handover Certificate.
- Maintain responsibility for the direction of Completions Co-Ordinators, ensuring they are supporting the Completions and LTQR Managers, and MDT in working towards Handover Certificate, TAC, LTQR packs and End of Reports generation and acceptance.
Note1: Thisis not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities & activities that the job holder may be required to undertake
Note2: Based on Client site at HPC Monday to Friday - 40 hours per week
Note3: Travel and Subsistence for non-locals would be considered for this role
Note4: There is no parking available at HPC site. Free buses are supplied from Park & Ride facilities located off the M5 Junction 23 & 24 and surrounding areas of Bridgwater
Note5: Please provide proposed travel plan to undertake this role / salary expectation / current notice period on Cover Letter with this applicationEssential
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Quality or Construction Management, or equivalent vocational training and experience.
- Extensive experience in the delivery of large, complex projects, including Power, Chemical and Industrial.
- Experience in the installation and erection of large Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Plant.
- CSCS card (White or Black).
- Operate effectively, within an MDT and coordinating works external to it, developing relationships with various NNB Departments and Contractor Partners.
- Support and advise Team members and Contract partners on those Procedural requirements that must be adhered to, in order to implement both successful handovers and temporary access requests.
- Liaise with Construction, Project and Contractor personnel, to drive the logical, sequential, collation of all required Handover Documentation.
- Adopt a results-focussed mind set, using initiative wherever possible and taking personal responsibility and accountability to ensure necessary action is taken to deliver excellence, value and quality.
- Be forward thinking, strategically developing future handovers in accordance with Process and procedural requirements
- Be alert and responsive to the need for change by encouraging new thinking and initiatives
- Make autonomous decisions and operate with minimal supervision
- MS Office proficient
- English language - fluent both written & verbal
- Nuclear Experience
- Experience of operating in a high security environment
- French language - fluent both written & verbal
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can. Our Culture:
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.