Athena is a cross-asset risk management platform transforming technology at JP Morgan. It delivers innovative and efficient applications to a wide range of firm's business, including sales, trading, operations, risk and research. Athena combines the best of open source technologies with innovative components developed internally, which gives a potential candidate ability to contribute to wide range of exciting projects.
We are looking for hands-on developers, who enjoy solving challenging technical problems. Ideal candidates should have solid computer science foundations, strong problem solving skills, and a keen interest in financial products. Candidates should be inspired by working in a collaborative, fast-changing environment with a high degree of code sharing and reuse. Focus on innovation and quality of solutions should be demonstrated by their contributions in previous professional roles or projects (either academic or personal).
As part of the Athena Trade & Risk Services Instrument & Lifecycle group, you will design and deliver technical components and tooling for front office users to enable them to manage trade lifecycle. The team works across multiple Lines Of Business on a diverse range of trade management workflows such as scheduled payment generation, and tooling for user and market driven events such as Option Exercise, Corporate Action processing and Credit Event processing.
- Develop robust, performant software components to support trade lifecycle management using the Athena Platform
- Work directly with line of business developers to gather requirements, understand business context and translate this into a set of work items for delivery.
- Be responsible for the entire software development lifecycle: requirement gathering, design, implementation, testing, and handover to line of business teams.
- Solid Python programming skills
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to integrate into a cross region team
- An interest in financial product modeling