As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to design, develop and deliver software components within the Athena eco system. You will work with a team of innovators and technologists driven towards creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run.
Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will be tested in problem-solving in both a business and technical context. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
Athena is a cross-asset platform transforming technology at JP Morgan. It delivers innovative and efficient applications to a wide range of firm's business, including sales, trading, operations, risk and research. Athena combines the best of open source technologies with innovative components developed internally, which gives a potential candidate ability to contribute to wide range of exciting projects.
We are looking for hands-on developers, who enjoy solving challenging technical problems. Ideal candidates should have strong computer science foundations. Candidates should be inspired by working in a collaborative, fast-changing environment with a high degree of code sharing and reuse. Focus on innovation and quality of solutions should be demonstrated by their contributions in previous professional roles or projects (either academic or personal).
As part of the Equity Derivatives Trade Management Technology team, you will be responsible for working closely with the Equity Traders and Operations to build out brand new trade management and booking flows into the Athena eco systems to help replace their existing trade management system Pyramid. For this role it is important to have the ability to quickly pick up new concepts and flows and back that up with robust, high quality, maintainable and reusable code.
• Develop robust, performant software products and APIs, and enrich existing applications using the Athena Platform.
• Work directly with the Equity stakeholder to gather requirements, understand business context and translate this into technical solutions.
• Be responsible for the entire software development lifecycle: requirement gathering, design, implementation, testing, and handover to line of business teams.
• Enhance the team by demonstrating best practice throughout the software development lifecycle: testing, code review, accurate status reporting, focus on application resilience and "operability".
• Professional object oriented experience with proven track record of high quality successful delivery.
• Proven wide ranging technical experience demonstrating a genuine interest in technical products and problem solving.
• Experience in service-oriented architecture and APIs implementation
• Excellent communication skills and ability to integrate into a cross region team.