Imagine a business partner who knows about the nuts and bolts of business and can flit from discussing financial targets to contracts to finding the perfect hire. But they also get excited about creative ideas, fresh opportunities and new ways to grow.
Regulated as a firm of Chartered Accountants, we are a full service business partner for creative founders. We were founded on the belief that simple, clear and proportionate business advice can be the difference between a business thriving or failing. And we believe that access to first-class business services shouldn't be restricted to founders with an MBA.
We're here to level the playing field for creatives trying to get a foothold in the often complicated world of business.About the role
We're looking for an energetic and empathetic Senior Accountant who can run our accounting function and looking ahead, can bring real vision and set the foundations for growth.
We're a small team right now and this role is crucial, so for the right person we're able to be flexible on contract type and working arrangements.
A few more details:
You should apply if...
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of year-end accounts
- Overall responsibility for corporation tax returns and advice and self-assessment tax returns
- Manage the relationship with tax consultants and colleagues
- Provide technical support to the payroll and bookkeeping team
- Provide ad hoc advice to clients
- Horizon scanning - stay ahead of changes to tax legislation and advise pro-actively as to the impact on our client portfolio
- Work with the Director to set the commercial strategy for the accounting and compliance function
Benefits of working at Practice
- You have a genuine interest in the creative industries
- You are a fully qualified accountant with a recognised professional body
- You have a track record of having worked in practice accounting
- You are up-to-date with changes to accounting standards and tax law
- You are an experienced user of Xero and love working with new technologies
- You have a great eye for detail
- You are eager to get under the skin of our client's businesses and understand the personal and professional context in which they operate.
- You are eager to work in a growing start-up business and develop your career in a flexible and entrepreneurial environment
- You are able to communicate often complex financial concepts to individuals from a non-finance background with empathy and clarity.
- Opportunity to become a leading role in a growing organisation
- Flexible working arrangements as standard
- Workplace pension with NEST
- Learning and development budget
- 25 day holiday allowance, plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Although we're looking for a qualified accountant, with a few years of post-qualified experience under their belt - beyond that we're open to applications from a range of candidates, that's why we haven't advertised a fixed salary.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.Interview process
Our hiring process will consist of 2 rounds - a short 30 minute Zoom conversation in which we'll get to know a little more about you and a longer interview in which we'll set a short exercise. If possible (depending on your location and COVID guidelines), we'd like to conduct the 2nd round interviews in person - but we will of course make adjustments where this is not possible or practical.