My Client is a UK top 100 Commercial Law firm with offices throughout the UK, they are a market leading practice with over 150 staff members and are a multi disciplined law firm.
My client is seeking technically astute and exceptional business acumen candidates to join an already award-winning Construction and Engineering department.
They would be very interested in talking to individuals who have a minimum of 5 years relevant post qualification experience, to work in their Construction and Engineering team.
Our client acts for clients based in the North east, the UK and Overseas. They act for the full range of clients involved in the construction process; owners/occupiers, their investors and funders, developers, contractors, consultants and sub-contractors.
The team is focused on non-contentious construction and project development work. You will become a key member of the Team, supporting the Partners in the Team in delivering these projects and with responsibility for the mentoring and supervision of junior fee earners. As there is an increasing workload of construction and engineering disputes your role will also include assisting the Dispute Resolution Team in resolving these disputes, as the need arises.
What the firm will do for you:
You can expect to be challenged with complex legal work. Whilst they expect a lot, they really value their team members. They want their staff to stay with them for the long term, and they work hard to create a culture and environment that people flourish in.
In return for your expertise and dedication, they will provide you with the support required to help you succeed as a trusted adviser to clients and professional contacts alike.
They have heavily invested in transparency and want everyone to understand how the business is run. They are also extremely proud of the communities in which they live and work and provide their employees with lots of opportunities to support them. This provides you with the opportunity to give back and could involve supporting a local cause you care about.
* Qualified Solicitor 5 years plus PQE ( Gained at a respected commercial firm)
* Experience in dealing with the full range of industry from contracts documents (such as NEC and JCT)
* The ability to pick up some general commercial disputes work.
* Proven experience in advising on construction law and strategy in relation to claims and ideally, with experience in adjudications and dispute resolution in the Technology and Construction Court.
* An interest in business development
* Good commercial awareness
* Excellent technical, IT, client care and communication skills
* Able to lead on transactional and advisory commercial legal work, whilst knowing when to ask for supervision.
* Self-motivated and professional
In exchange for your hard work and commitment, they will offer:
* A competitive remuneration package and additional benefits
* A supportive and friendly working environment
* The benefit of agile working
* Two days' paid volunteering leave to support a local cause you care about
* The opportunity to work for a firm that prides itself on top quality, complex and challenging work.
* The opportunity to work for an Investor in People Accredited Firm
This role will suit someone with a strong litigation background and someone who would like to practice within a specialised practice.
At Clayton Legal we passionately believe your talent matters, so we specialise in recruiting the best legal talent and connecting this to the right opportunities. Clayton Legal is recognised as the talent partner of choice with clients ranging from small legal practices to international and global law firms. Whether you're looking for total recruitment outsourcing or a single appointment, or an overview of the recruitment market our award recognised service can confidently meet your talent needs.