Market leader technology company that operates in a highly specialised niche area is seeking a commercial lawyer due to continued expansion. This is a broad ranging, hands-on and commercially focused role where your responsibilities will include:
Assisting with major client negotiations. Lead contract negotiations on smaller opportunities.
* Assisting the Operations and Growth teams on bid preparation with a particular emphasis on ensuring the quality and consistency of the bid documentation.
* Assisting as a legal author/reviewer (as appropriate) of policies, processes, procedures and publicity/marketing materials or relevant elements of the same.
Remain engaged with contacts from previous engagements and keep abreast of market developments.
* Assist with major supplier contract negotiations. Lead negotiation/approval of minor supply contracts. Act as initial commercial point of contact in respect of supplier contracting/buying queries.
* Assist with major corporate activity (such as acquisitions), act as commercial/legal lead on elements of routine corporate activity (such as wayleaves). Act as initial commercial point of contact in respect of general queries from the operations and finance teams.
* Provide legal support to the Company Secretary - particularly through the preparation of formal board minutes.
* Provide general legal advice to the business and instruct and supervise external lawyers as required by the Commercial Director or Head of Commercial.
* Supervise or assist with the supervision (as appropriate) of external legal resource when they are instructed direct by other teams.
* Lead on the management of company legal and commercial records.
* Support the development of the company compliance function.
*Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.