Elevation Accountancy and Finance are currently working on an exciting opportunity for a knowledgeable and confident Purchase Ledger Assistant to join a reputable business based in Leeds on a permanent full time basis.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has a great understanding of purchase ledger and is looking to join a dynamic and friendly team. The successful candidate will take on the responsibility of providing extensive support across the purchase ledger function, including processing supplier invoices, bank reconciliations, preparing and processing payment runs, liaising with suppliers and supporting the wider finance team with any ad- hoc duties. You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with suppliers and resolve complex invoice queries where necessary.
Duties of the Purchase Ledger Clerk will include, but are not limited to:
* Input, matching and filing of invoices
* Liaise with purchasing, goods in and suppliers to successfully resolve invoice queries
* Supplier Statement reconciliation to sage
* Ensure all invoices are correctly coded both nominal and VAT, authorised and paid within creditors time restrictions
* Ensure all supplier account information such as account name, address etc, are up to date and accurately maintained
* Ensure that all relevant documentation related to payment of invoices is accurate and attached before payment is made, such as purchase orders and delivery notes, bank details and company addresses
* Complete the weekly payment run accurately and to deadlines
* Assist quarterly GRNI reconciliation
* Assist with reconciliation of direct debit accounts
Role requirements include:
* AAT Qualified or Studying advantageous!
* Must have had previous experience in an accounts payable function
* IT Literate on Word, Excel and Outlook
* Proficient on accountancy software packages
* Must be Educated to GCSE Level
* A good knowledge of the whole finance process
If you are looking for a new opportunity where you will be integrated as part of a friendly, fun and supportive finance team while working on a wide range of finance duties, then this could be the perfect position for you!
If you feel that you have the relevant skills to be considered for this position, please feel free to apply today.